Tax System Is Broken
- John Linder. // Human Events;8/21/93, Vol. 53 Issue 34, p12
Profiles Republican Rep. John Linder of Georgia. Experience in political battles; Introduction of the `Linder Rule' limiting ranking committee and subcommittee Republicans to three terms; Personal analysis of President Clinton's performance.
- OF STYLE AND SUBSTANCE. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;8/10/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p2397
Profiles political candidates Bob Barr and John Linder of Atlanta, Georgia. Information on their campaign for the August 20, 2002 Republican primary in the 7th congressional district; Differences between Barr and Linder; Information on their political careers.
- LOOSE CANNON TRIGGERS DEBATE. Nugent, Benjamin // Time;8/19/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p70
Reports that a Colt pistol discharged while being inspected by National Rifle Association board member Representative Bob Barr (R-Ga.) at a campaign reception. Comments of Representative John Linder, Barr's opponent in the Republican primary; Speculation on why the gun went off.
- Two Conservatives Brawl in Georgia GOP Primary. Gizzi, John // Human Events;8/12/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 30, p5
Focuses on the clash between Representatives Bob Barr and John Linder during the August 20, 2002 Republican congressional primary in Georgia's seventh district. Estimated campaign fund that each has raised; Supporters of Barr.
- No Holds 'Barr'-ed as Georgia Democrats Hope to Oust Key GOP Congressman. Nichols, Hans S. // Insight on the News;12/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the actions done by Georgia Democrats to oust Representative Bob Barr (R-Ga.). Reason for the decision of Barr not to run for the 11th district of Georgia; Similarities between the voting records of Barr and Republican Representative John Linder; Differences between the styles of...
- Maple's Newark invasion. Mitchell, Chris // New York;12/15/97, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p15
Reports that Jack Maple and John Linder are to deploy their CompStat crime tracking system in Newark, New Jersey. The success of the CompStat system in New York City and New Orleans, Louisiana; The work of Newark Police Director Joseph Santiago; How Newark differs from both New Orleans and New...
- Georgia Lawmaker Calls for an End to Income Tax, Again. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/6/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32044, p5
The article reports that as the 109th Congress of the U.S. convened for the first time Tuesday, Republican congressman John Linder of Georgia launched one of the year's first proposals to dramatically overhaul tax legislation by reintroducing a measure that would eliminate federal income taxes...
- Memo Shows Linder's Key to Victory Thrown Away by GOP. Rodriguez, Paul M.; Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;12/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p6
Presents the views of Republican John Linder (Georgia) who ran the National Republican Congressional Committee, on the key to victory of Republicans in the 1998 elections in the United States. Details on the memorandum written by Linder which emphasizes opportunities for the party in the...
- Linder Tire celebrates 80 years in Iowa. Hughes, Mallory // Corridor Business Journal;4/2/2012 Envision Supplement, p1
The article presents information on growth and development of tire company Linder Tire Service based in Iowa City, Iowa. The company was started by Henry Linder in 1932 and later was handed to his son John Linder who helped to grow the company across three locations despite obstacles. The...