Tax System Is Broken
- John Linder. // Human Events;8/21/93, Vol. 53 Issue 34, p12
Profiles Republican Rep. John Linder of Georgia. Experience in political battles; Introduction of the `Linder Rule' limiting ranking committee and subcommittee Republicans to three terms; Personal analysis of President Clinton's performance.
- OF STYLE AND SUBSTANCE. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;8/10/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p2397
Profiles political candidates Bob Barr and John Linder of Atlanta, Georgia. Information on their campaign for the August 20, 2002 Republican primary in the 7th congressional district; Differences between Barr and Linder; Information on their political careers.
- LOOSE CANNON TRIGGERS DEBATE. Nugent, Benjamin // Time;8/19/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p70
Reports that a Colt pistol discharged while being inspected by National Rifle Association board member Representative Bob Barr (R-Ga.) at a campaign reception. Comments of Representative John Linder, Barr's opponent in the Republican primary; Speculation on why the gun went off.
- Two Conservatives Brawl in Georgia GOP Primary. Gizzi, John // Human Events;8/12/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 30, p5
Focuses on the clash between Representatives Bob Barr and John Linder during the August 20, 2002 Republican congressional primary in Georgia's seventh district. Estimated campaign fund that each has raised; Supporters of Barr.
- No Holds 'Barr'-ed as Georgia Democrats Hope to Oust Key GOP Congressman. Nichols, Hans S. // Insight on the News;12/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the actions done by Georgia Democrats to oust Representative Bob Barr (R-Ga.). Reason for the decision of Barr not to run for the 11th district of Georgia; Similarities between the voting records of Barr and Republican Representative John Linder; Differences between the styles of...
- Maple's Newark invasion. Mitchell, Chris // New York;12/15/97, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p15
Reports that Jack Maple and John Linder are to deploy their CompStat crime tracking system in Newark, New Jersey. The success of the CompStat system in New York City and New Orleans, Louisiana; The work of Newark Police Director Joseph Santiago; How Newark differs from both New Orleans and New...
- Linder Tire celebrates 80 years in Iowa. Hughes, Mallory // Corridor Business Journal;4/2/2012 Envision Supplement, p1
The article presents information on growth and development of tire company Linder Tire Service based in Iowa City, Iowa. The company was started by Henry Linder in 1932 and later was handed to his son John Linder who helped to grow the company across three locations despite obstacles. The...
- Honorable John Linder. Linder, John // Congressional Digest;Mar2010, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p87
Presented is the text of a speech by representative John Linder, republican of Georgia, given on the floor of the house of representatives on December 16, 2009 in opposition to the Jobs for Main Street Act in which he discusses adding money to the deficit, tax increases and unemployment in the...
- 5 Effective GOP Congressional Campaign Sites. Mark, David // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on several Web sites developed by Republican Party candidates as a tool for the 2002 election campaign. Web site of Ohio legislative candidate, Ann Womer Benjamin; Description of the campaign Web site of Maryland candidate Constance A. Morella; Campaign Web site of John Linder of Georgia.