- BOSTON'S BIG CHANGES. MacNeil, Laura // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p29
This article reports on the state of the Rose Kennedy Greenway project in Boston, Massachusetts in 2006. This project includes parks atop the tunnels. Sections of parkland in the North End and Chinatown will open by the end of the year, the rest by mid-2007. The waterfront home of the Institute...
- Going Green. Platt, Kalvin // Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the establishment of greenways, linear parks that connect other open spaces and surrounding communities, in the United States. Benefits of greenways; Some well-known greenways in the U.S.; Challenges of establishing greenways.
- Surplus River Access Site Becomes Waterfront Park. // Parks & Recreation;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the conversion of the Dyer Creek site in Livingston County, Michigan into a waterfront park through the U.S. National Park Service's Federal Lands to Parks program. Background on the property; Estimated value of the property; Significance of the property to the community.
- DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE. Ross, Alice // TravelAmerica;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p28
Presents a list of city riverwalks in the U.S. Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale along the north and south banks of the New River in Florida; Riverfront Plaza along the Savannah River in Georgia; Louisville Riverwalk along the Ohio River in Kentucky; Riverwalk Manistee along the Manistee River in...
- Greenway Seeks Consultants for Riverfront Master Plan. // Government Procurement;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p29
The article reports that Great Rivers Greenway District, the public organization leading the development of a region-wide system of interconnected greenways, parks and trails known as The River Ring, has issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the development of a Master Plan for the St....
- Waterfront Park Eyed At County's Main Office. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p9
Reports on the planned waterfront park in the downtown area of San Diego County, California. Conversion of the grounds of the County Administration Center from asphalt parking lots into a landscaped park; Suspension of the request for proposal process for commercial development on the grounds...
- Ebenezer Creek property to become part of greenway. // America's Civil War;May2015, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that the site of Ebenezer Creek, where slaves drowned on December 9, 1864, was acquired by the City of Springfield, Georgia and will be preserved as part of the Ebenezer Greenway.
- Buckle Up, Montreal. TOMALTY, RAY // Alternatives Journal;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, preceding p27
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of the Montreal Greenbelt, Quebec in the development of the community in the region and also offers information on the Montreal Greenbelt Movement. He states that the Montreal Metropolitan Community will provide 30 million U.S. dollars for...
- ROME AND THE RIVERS. Southerland, Randy // Georgia Trend;Nov2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p84
The article informs about the rivers that flow through Rome, Georgia. The Etowah and Oostanaula Rivers merge to form the Coosa River. Renovation works are going on in an attempt to bring tourism to the region. The Forum, a riverfront near the city's auditorium, will be getting a new $1.6 million...