Letters to the Editor
- NEW BOARD AND HPC MEMBERS. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p32
The article announces the new members of the Financial & Insurance Conference Planners' (FICP) board of directors and Hospital Partner Committee (HPC). Patricia Kerr of ManuLife Financial has become the new FICP president, replacing Sharon Chapman of Berkshire Life Insurance. Jessica Phillips of...
- Reader's Letters. Patton, Mark; Goldknopf, Carl; Kay, Gersil N. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including workshops or materials available to train employees on various subjects, the definition of miscellaneous metals so that the structural steel and the other metal work on the project can be determined...
- Training or Mentoring. Schoff, Clifford K. // CoatingsTech;Mar2013, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p76
The article presents information on training and mentoring in the coating industry. Training consists several forms including lectures/seminars, workshops, and even multi-week courses. Mentoring is stated to be a different process, although training can include mentoring. In mentoring, a...
- EVENTS. // Education Week;10/2/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p33
The article presents a lists of events that have not appeared in the previous issue of Education Week including "Advanced Cooperative Learning" that will be held in the Satellite Conference, "Leadership-Certification Workshop for the Active Parenting of Teens Discussion Program", to be held in...
- THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. // Training Journal;Jun2009, p76
The article offers suggestions on how trainers in the workshops or training session could provide customer excellent care experience. It states that the training must address the needs of the trainer, the learner and the employer who is sponsoring the training. To address the needs, the trainer...
- BUILDING WITH S'S ELIMINATES CLUTTER. Eber, Camille // Automotive Body Repair News;Jun2010, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p10
The author discusses the five S's, which are sort, set, shine, standard and sustain, in lean manufacturing. She mentions that she held two workshops on explaining the 5S theory to her employees. She states that the first session was a seminar with hands-on exercises that would help explain the...
- Berkshire Life Insurance changes its rating methods for DI Products. Covaleski, John M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug94, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p52
Reports that Berkshire Life Insurance Co. has added gender-based rating to its disability income insurance products and established a new rating class for low risk professions.
- Trenchless Municipal Workshop Scheduled For Tampa. // Underground Construction;Feb2003, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p46
Highlights the UCT Seminar Series' Trenchless Municipal Workshops scheduled for April 22ï¿½23, 2003 at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa Bay, Florida. Purpose of the workshop; Organizers and participants of the seminar; Plan of activities.
- diary dates. // Positive Health;Oct2005, Issue 116, p73
Presents a calendar of events that lists training, workshops and events related to therapy and medicine from October 2005 to April 2006 in Great Britain.