- ASSET, INFORMATION AND COMPUTER SECURITY. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2003, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p16
Presents a list of companies providing computer security equipment in the U.S.
- As Internet booms, so do hacker-proofing measures. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 144, p9
Reports on the growth of the computer security tool business in the United States. Protection against illegal penetration of computer networks by hackers; Expansion of industry into the high-technology sector; Security breach suffered by some Internet sites.
- IT security. // Third Sector;2010 Suppliers Guide, p53
A directory of information technology (IT) security services suppliers in Great Britain is presented, which includes AccessIT, APOJ and Azzurri Communications (High Wycombe).
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2008, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p93
A calendar of events from September-October 2008 is presented, including the Future of Secure Documents seminar to be held at the Crowne Plaza in Chicago, Illinois from September 8-10, the 54th Annual American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International 2008 meeting to be held at the...
- Clipper flaw foils government `master keys'. Patch, Kimberly // PC Week;6/6/94, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the discovery of a flaw in the Clipper chip's encryption mechanism by AT&T Bell Labs scientist Matthew Blaze. Corruption of the Law-Enforcement Access Field to make it unreadable by government keys; Intact condition of encryption facilities.
- Is PKI ready for takeoff? Many say yes. Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;12/20/99-12/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on major security vendors' vow to make their public-key infrastructure (PKI) products compatible. Goal of balancing information technology's security needs and vendors' ability to deliver solutions; Factors that plagued the deployment of the PKI technology; Goal of providing encrypted...
- Enterprises bet on PLI. Takama, Gohsuke // Computing Japan;Oct99, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p36
Discusses the impact of Public Key Infrastracture (PKI) on the computer security industry. Problems encountered by Internet subscribers on the authenticity of their electronic mail messages; How PKI could be used by subscribers; PKI at an early stage.
- Buyer's Guide. // Communications News;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p26
A chart is presented listing computer network security service providers and their contact information.
- Two faces for the firewall. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;10/12/98, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on Network Associates Inc.'s scheduled release of the firewall security technology called Adaptive Proxy. Features of the technology; Comment by James Ishikawa, director of the company's Total Network Security line; Advantages of the system.