- South America's economic cycle finds stable gear. Levey, J. David // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/12/97, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p26
Reports on the improvement to economies of most South American countries. What has attributed to these improved economies; Impact Brazil has on the development of South America; Reason for the increase in business opportunities in the regions; Information on the countries that make up South...
- Exploring emerging opportunities in South America. Romano, Gerry // Association Management;Aug97, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p90
Examines South America as a potential successful business venture. Economic stability of Brazil, Argentina and Chile; Information on various businesses in South America; Comments from Larry Gumbiner, regional economic officer at the United States (U.S.) State Department's Office of Brazilian...
- Regional roundup: Latin America and the Caribbean. // International Trade Forum;1993, Issue 3, p35
Announces the International Trade Center's projects in Argentina, Colombia and Ecuador in the third quarter of 1993. Possible future technical cooperation with Argentina concerning the institutional infrastructure for trade promotion; Colombian exporters of exotic fruits; Ecuador's rural-based...
- Fulfilling the promise. Cardoso, Fernando Henriq // Harvard International Review;Winter96/97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the prospects for economic development in South America. Factors that shape the region's economic development; Economic integration; Significance of democratization to the creation of social and political democracy in South America; Role of the region's struggle against...
- Buenos Aires. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov93, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p114
Looks at the performance of the insurance industry in Argentina and parts of South America. Negotiation of a general free trade zone agreement called `Mercosur' among Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay; Insurers' enthusiasm for Mercosur idea; Insurance areas affected by the agreement;...
- CoUNterpoint. Yates, Donald H. // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p59
Relates the story of a traveler regarding his journeys around the world. Observations on Asia, the Indian sub-continent and Africa; Economic status of South Americans.
- De Soto in Peru. Bethell, Tom // American Spectator;Aug92, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p15
Examines the lack of wealth in South America. Peruvian Hernando De Soto launches his quest; The puzzling question; Findings published in `The Other Path'; Other writings in `The New York Times'; De Soto works as an adviser to the Peruvian president; Political actions and reactions; Endless...
- SOUTH AMERICA. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p59
Reports the decline of tourism in South America. Influence of the United States September 11 terrorist attacks on the decline; Reference to the tourism bargains.
- COMPARING ECONOMIES. // Junior Scholastic;10/31/2005 Supplement, Vol. 108, p4
Presents several questions related to the economic conditions in South America.