- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Francesconi, Tom; Wachs, Chadwich; Harman, Mike; Thompson, J. Scott; Kingston, Fred; Spadafora, Ronals R. // Fire Engineering;Sep2012, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p50
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to items from previous issues, including the cover photo of the May 2012 issue, which depicted firefighters initiating a fire attack who were not wearing fire protective hoods, the article â€œColon Cancer: Early Detection Is Key,â€...
- Cover Page. // Saturday Evening Post;12/16/1950, Vol. 223 Issue 25, p1
A drawing of firemen decorating their fire department for Christmas is presented.
- CHEMICAL REACTION. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/16/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 15, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles and topics published in previous issues including the cost-effectiveness of investing in noncarbon-emitting research and development technology, the safety level at Olin and the January 22, 2007 cover featuring a Ferro employee...
- Hot market for trained forest firefighters. McGowan, Kathy // Northern Ontario Business;Jun98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Focuses on a company that offers training to forest firefighters in Ontario, Canada. Details on the operation of the S-100 firefighter training courses by John and Darlene Zupan; Number of people the company trained in forest fire fighting; Details on the demand for S-100 training courses.
- Sorting, selecting, and orienting new recruits. Marinucci, Richard A. // Fire Engineering;Oct96, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p12
Deals with recruitment of volunteer firefighters. Sorting and selecting; Orientation; Probationary period. INSETS: Sample procedure: Probationary evaluation process/requirements.;Sample personnel procedure: Evaluation...
- HIRING PRACTICES. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p48
Presents several opinions on proper firefighter selection. Significance of a good recruiting program; Application of fire fighter selection method; Use of a three-tier evaluation system for characteristic determination.
- Judging a magazine by its cover. Firus, Karen // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2007, Issue 297, p25
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the cover page of the April 2007 issue.
- Letter : Cover story. McNamara, Paul // AdMedia;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the front cover of the December 2008/January 2009 issue.
- Stupid Cover. // GPS World;Jul2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the cover page in the April 2007 issue.