Personal conviction: What role should it play?
- BARBARA SMITH'S RESPONSE. Smith, Barbara // BRW;4/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the articles "Body Count," by Michael Laurence in the March 2, 2006 issue and "Letters," by Pansy Kwan in the March 16, 2006 issue.
- TALK BACK. V., Megan; P., Alyson; E., Sandy // Current Events;11/12/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p3
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Shame, Shame, Shame!," published in the previous issues.
- COMMUNICATIONS. Dawson, Joseph F.; Barry, Harriet L.; Brady, George; Sullivan, Joseph Matthew // America;10/20/1917, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p37
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Too Much Social Work" in the September 15, 1917 issue; a topic concerning the exposure of the Catholic students to materialistic, atheistic, and nebular-evolutionary theories of science, life, and...
- The virtues of humiliation. // American Prospect;Nov/Dec97, Issue 35, p74
Presents a debate between Amitai Etzioni and Carl F. Horowitz relating to public humiliation. Reference to the article `The Shaming Sham,' by Carl Horowitz, carried in the March-April 1997 issue of `TAP.'
- Letters. Kravitz, Marjorie; Berman, Morris; Ross, Mike; Feldman, Rosalind // Washington Jewish Week;1/12/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on the "New Year, new recipes" article in the January 5, 2012 issue, and another expressing his surprise over the decision of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef to issue a letter criticizing extremists...
- YOU REVEAL YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS. Burton, Emily // Redbook;Jun2001, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p104
Relates the most embarrassing moments of readers of `Redbook' magazine.
- TOO COOL TO DROOL? // Girls' Life;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p88
Presents the humiliating experiences of several people. Experience of a girl who slept with her mouth open at her friend's place; Experience of a girl who was vacationing at a ski resort and tried to impress a boy; Experience of a girl who dyed her hair temporarily blue for Crazy Hair Day at...
- Getting in touch with my inner racist. Speigelman, Art // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p52
Opinion. Presents the author's views on racism. How the author managed his children's views on racial identities; Author's experiences of humiliating a black man during his hospitalization.
- How embarassing! // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p93
Presents humorous incidents involving experiences by readers of `Today's Christian Woman' periodical. Includes an incident in a large church in Southern California; Embarassing incident while shopping in a small outlet store; Embarassing incident during a gourmet dinner at a church.