It's Not the Emperor That Was Exposed
- From Many Voices Comes One Success. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
The editorial focuses on the "Journal of Financial Planning." A quote from David M. King's letter which introduced an earlier publication, "Journal of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners," reminds Institute members that the journal's success is dependent on their contributions. The...
- Notice of Retraction. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that the "Journal of Financial Planning" is officially retracting a story in the October 2005 issue entitled "Passive Investing: The Emperor Exposed?" The article, which was written by Christopher Carosa, questioned the accuracy of the idea that actively managed portfolios...
- Take The Right Tack When Catering To Sophisticated Investment Types. MARGARET PRICE // Investors Business Daily;9/8/2014, pA06
The article discusses the effort of investors to focus on the specialized services to create a close collaboration with financial advisers. It mentions Joseph Pankus, an active stock investor from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin makes his own algorithms for picking stocks for his own portfolio. It also...
- Results of Appeals Process. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p16
The article refers to "Passive Investing: The Emperor Exposed?," by Christopher Carosa, which was published in the October 2005 issue of "Journal of Financial Planning." Because of readers' letters and a formal challenge presented by financial planner Allan Roth, Mr. Carosa's methodology was...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.
- MOVING FORESTS. Onokpise, Oghenekome; Onokpise, Oghenekome U. // BioScience;Dec85, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p684
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Africa Tomorrow--If We Act Today,' by Chris Elfring.