Practicing What We Preach
- Congratulations to Elissa Buie, Winner of the 2013 P. Kemp Fain Jr. Award. Richardson, Ross W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p11
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the 2013 P. Kemp Fain Jr. Award given to Elissa Buie, chief executive officer (CEO) of financial firm YeBu, by Paul Fain, senior reporter.
- New ICFP President Elissa Buie Looks at Practice and Professional Issues. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar1999, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p81
Interviews Elissa Buie, 1999 president of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners, about financial planning practice and professional issues. How she became involved in financial planning; Reason the institute is referred by a lot planners; How the institute has helped her in her career.
- Spirit of Life. Johnson, Thomas W. // Financial Planning;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p130
Features Elissa Buie, president of Financial Planning Group. Factors that sets her firm apart from other financial planning practices; Basic points in the Spirit of Life work philosophy; Changes in her life, including work hours, after applying her work philosophy. INSET: Bringing Client...
- Finding and Keeping the Good Employee. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p98
Interviews four financial planners in the United States about their experiences in finding and keeping good employees. Elissa Buie; Jeanne Bradford-Odorico; Dan Roe; Johnne D. Syverson.
- Help Wanted. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p33
Presents information on the potential CFP Board CEO in the U.S. David Brand; Elissa Buie; Eileen Sharkey.
- how to be financially secure -- at any age. Byrd, Veronica // Shape;Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p34
The article presents tips for people in different age groups on how to ensure a healthy fiscal future. According to certified financial planner Elissa Buie, money one invests early in life has the biggest impact on the bottom line because it has more time to grow. Accountant Debby Fowles say...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.