Correlation and Time Horizon
- Author's response. Coaker, William J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
This article presents the author's response to a letter to the editor regarding a previously published article by William Coaker in the February 2006 issue.
- Dare, Do and Endure . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Presents an excerpt of a speech made by politician William Coaker in Canada in 1910.
- Arizona Plan Gets New CIO. // Investment Management Weekly;12/3/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
The article announces the appointment of William Coaker as chief information officer at the Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System.
- President Coaker's Log of His Trip to the Ice Floe last Spring in s.s. Nascopie. BAKER, MELVIN // Newfoundland & Labrador Studies;Fall2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p217
The article presents a reproduction of a naval captain's diary from a March-April 1914 seal-hunting voyage from St. John's, Newfoundland. Introductory details are given describing the life and career of the author, William Ford Coaker, focusing on his political actions and accomplishments...
- The Coming Struggle . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Presents an excerpt of a speech made by politician william Coaker in Canada in 1912, about the struggle of laborers.
- Coaker's Union. Feltham, John // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Focuses on the formation of the Fishermen's Protective Union, led by politician William Coaker, in Newfoundland. Effort of guiding and creating a sense of pride among members; Formation of a political party; Failure of the fishery policy.
- "COAKER WEEK," MAY 1912: The clash between Patrick McGrath and William Coaker. BAKER, MELVIN // Newfoundland Quarterly;Summer2014, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p53
The article provides information concerning the clash between editors Patrick T. McGrath and William Coaker. It notes that in 1912, McGrath of the St John's daily newspaper "Evening Chronicle" ran a series of articles which questions the personal integrity, character, and honesty of Coaker, the...
- William Ford Coaker, the Formative Years, 1871-1908. BAKER, MELVIN // Newfoundland & Labrador Studies;Fall2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p223
The essay provides a biographical sketch of Canadian labour leader, journalist, politician, and businessman Sir William Ford Coaker, focusing on the period prior to his founding of the Fishermen's Protective Union in 1908. He was born October 19, 1871 in St. John's, Newfoundland, he attended St....
- The Struggle for Influence and Power: William Coaker, Abram Kean, and the Newfoundland Sealing Industry, 1908-1915. BAKER, MELVIN // Newfoundland & Labrador Studies;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p63
The article discusses the impact of the rise of the Fishermen's Protective Union (FPU) on the development of Newfoundland's sealing industry in the early 20th century. Particular focus is given to the conflict between FPU leader William F. Coaker and sealing captain Abram Kean, due to the...