First report of a complete pathological response of a pelviic GIST treated with imatinib as reoadjuvant therapy
- Enterocolic fistula associated with a gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Shamsaeefar, A.; Hosseini, S. Mohammad Vahid; Motazedian, N.; Razmi, T. // Indian Journal of Cancer;Jul-Sep2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p246
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) that was published in one of the previous issues.
- Is there a role for neoadjuvant treatment with Gleevec for large rectal gastrointestinal stromal tumors? Wasserberg, Nir; Nunoo-Mensah, Joseph W.; Beart Jr., Robert W.; Ker, Tim S. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Aug2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p981
A letter to the editor is presented about gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- Hemoclip-Reinforced and EUS-Assisted Band Ligation as an Effective and Safe Technique to Treat Small GISTs in the Gastric Fundus. Ge Nan; Sun Siyu; Sun Shiwei; Wang Sheng; Liu Xiang // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2011, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p1560
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the effectiveness of endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)-assisted band ligation for treatment of small gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) in gastric fundus.
- The author replies. Jacobi, C. A. // Surgical Endoscopy;Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1505
Presents a letter to the editor responding to comments made on the author's article about the terminology used to denote tumor cell implantations in trocar sites after laparoscopic resections of malignant gastrointestinal tract tumors.
- Atypical Presentation of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours-A Case Report. Raja, Kalpana; Dev, Bhawna; Santosham, Roy; Santhosh, Joseph // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jun2013 Supplement, Vol. 75, p185
Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are benign mesenchymal tumors of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). Their clinical presentations are variable. We report a case of a 31-year-old man who presented with pain in the abdomen and vomiting. CT abdomen revealed a large exophytic mass in the...
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour of Meckel's Diverticulum Causing Perforation and Peritonitis: A Case Report. Goyal, Richa; Chaudhary, Navneet // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jun2013 Supplement, Vol. 75, p171
A 23-year-old man presented with history of fever and pain in the right lower abdomen. He was diagnosed to have acute appendicitis with perforation and was taken up for emergency laparotomy after resuscitation. There was pus in the right iliac fossa and a tumor at the fundus of Meckel's...
- Commentary to: Atypical Presentation of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours-A Case Report by Kalpana Raja et al. Mehta, Dharmendra // Indian Journal of Surgery;Oct2014, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p425
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Atypical Presentation of Gastrointestina Stromal Tumours - A Case Report" by Kalpana Raja, Bhawna Dev and Roy Santosham published online on June 21, 2012.
- Soft-tissue images. Proximal jejunal gastrointestinal stromal tumour. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p121
Examines the case of a 74-year-old man diagnosed with proximal jejunal gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Presenting signs and symptoms; Past medical history; Diagnostic procedures; Treatment; Outcome and evaluation.
- A 43-year-old woman presents with nausea and vomiting. Blaes, Anne H. // Hem/Onc Today;2/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p13
The article describes the case of a 43-year-old woman diagnosed with gastric cancer.