Acute intermittent porphyria associated with hypoganglionosis in a young adult
- Cimetidine and Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Halabe Cherern, Jose; Malagon, Jose; Nellen, Haiko // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/1/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p694
Presents a letter to the editor about cimetidine and acute intermittent porphyria.
- Hydroxyurea in Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria. Guarini, Ludovico; Piomelli, Sergio; Poh-Fitzpatrick, Maureen B. // New England Journal of Medicine;4/14/94, Vol. 330 Issue 15, p1091
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a medical study of a patient with congenital erythropoietic porphyria.
- Lack of Effect of Oral Charcoal in Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria. Minder, Elisabeth I.; Schneider-Yin, Xiaoye; Moll, F. // New England Journal of Medicine;4/14/94, Vol. 330 Issue 15, p1092
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a medical study of a patient with congenital erythropoietic porphyria who underwent charcoal emulsion treatment.
- Mutations of the Hereditary Hemochromatosis Candidate Gene HLA-H in Porphyria Cutanea Tarda. Santos, Manuela; Clevers, Hans C.; Marx, Joannes J.M. // New England Journal of Medicine;05/01/97, Vol. 336 Issue 18, p1327
This article presents a letter to the editor regarding porphyria cutanea tarda, as reported in the November 14, 1996, issue.
- Clinical Problem-Solving: Still Hazy after All These Years. Djulbegovic, Benjamin // New England Journal of Medicine;2/2/95, Vol. 332 Issue 5, p332
A letter to the editor is presented about acute porphyria.
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria. Singh, D. K.; Rai, Ruchi // Indian Pediatrics;Oct2008, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p865
A letter to the editor is presented about a case of congenital erythropoietic porphyria (CEP) in a three day-old male baby who was admitted with neonatal jaundice for phototherapy.
- Sight threatening complications in porphyria cutanea tarda. Zaborowski, A. G.; Paulson, G. H.; Peters, A. L. // Eye;Sep2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p949
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Sight Threatening Complications in Porphyria Cutanea Tarda," that was previously published in the journal "Eye."
- The sickly Stuarts. Myers, E. D. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Dec2004, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p608
A letter to the editor is presented in response to review of the book "The Sickly Stuarts: The Medical Downfall of a Dynasty," by F. Holmes in the August 2004 issue.
- Pseudoporphyria or Porphyria Cutanea Tarda? Diagnostic and Treatment Difficulties. Fevang, Sheila A. M.; Kroon, Susanne; Skadberg, Øyvind // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2008, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p426
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the study that shows how challenging differential diagnosis between porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT) and pseudoporphyria can be in the setting of renal failure and haemodialysis.