- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Stoothoff, Brian; Fleming, Joseph; Farentino, Edward // Fire Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p34
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including the editor's opinion "Brown M&M's" in the July 2011 issue, "Survivability Profiling: Applying What We've Learned," by Captain Stephen Marsar in the July 2011 issue, and a letter in which the sender...
- T&C's guide to volunteerism. Brosseau, Jim; Osborn, Kathy // Town & Country;Dec98, Vol. 152 Issue 5223, p129
Discusses some important aspects of volunteerism. Advantages and disadvantages of volunteerism; Self-benefits of volunteerism; How to inspire prospective volunteers.
- How CSV volunteers help in safeguarding. Pardey, Jean // Community Care;5/1/2008, Issue 1720, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the role of Community Service Volunteers in Child Protection in supporting children at risk and their families.
- 'Volunteer social workers' don't exist. Gray, Jinny // Community Care;6/19/2008, Issue 1727, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Walking the Social Work Beat," that was published in the previous issue.
- Teaching collaboration. Branicki, Mike // Community Care;8/11/2005, Issue 1585, p25
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Care for Your Career," published in the July 28, 2005 issue of the periodical "Community Care."
- Benefits of volunteers. Hoodless, Dame Elisabeth; Young, Nicholas; Lake, Michael // Community Care;7/13/2006, Issue 1631, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the contributions of community service volunteers in the care of older and housebound people in Great Britain.
- Postage stamp to commemorate anniversary of volunteer firefighting in America. // Fire Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the House Resolution that create a postal stamp to mark the 350th anniversary of volunteer firefighting in America. Sponsor of the bill.
- Census Verifies Special Services Rate. // Fire Chief;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p15
The article offers several statistical data on the fire department registration records with the National Fire Department Census. The record includes the number of fire stations in the U.S. and the total number of department personnel including active career, volunteer and paid-per-call...
- Volunteers help students find shoes. // Collinsville Herald;2/1/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, pB3
The article reports that volunteers from Colinsville Charities for Children and Collinsville School District conducted a shoe drive to render shoes and socks for preschool and grade school students in the district.