News and independence
- Medical Research Council. Morris, Michael; Morris, M // British Journal of Psychiatry;Oct91, Vol. 159, p589
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the strategies and initiatives of the Medical Research Council in the May 1991 issue.
- Informed generalists. Jessee, William // Modern Healthcare;10/3/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p34
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article about the absence of the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration from the Healthcare Leadership Alliance, published in the September 19, 2005 issue of the periodical "Modern Healthcare."
- NMA AND NEED OF PROFESSIONAL SOLIDARITY. Adhikari, Shital // Journal of the Nepal Medical Association;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 43 Issue 155, p286
Presents a letter to the editor on the need of professional solidarity among the members of the Nepal Medical Association.
- GMC: no election as council member terms extended. Scott, Finlay // Pulse;4/19/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p25
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article concerning the extension of the General Medical Council's (GMC's) member terms.
- Future of the Southern Counties Veterinary Society. Chitty, John // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;2/17/2007, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p243
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the plans for various activities of the Southern Veterinary Society.
- In Regards to the CCNS. Mateen, Farrah; Hamilton, Mark G. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p116
A letter to the editor is presented commenting on the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences' lack of effort to attract participation of medical trainees in the field of neurosciences.
- How the GMC is working to make revalidation effective. Sharpe, Bruce // Pulse;6/21/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p24
Presents a letter to the editor revealing how the General Medical Council is working to make revalidation effective.
- Get back to the real world. Elkins, A. D. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Apr2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p46
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the plan of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) to purchase a virtual island in the February 2008 issue.
- REGISTRATION FEE DEBACLE SOURS MY TRUST IN GOVERNMENT. Harrison, Malcolm // Nursing Standard;4/30/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p33
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the contribution of employers for the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) re-registration fee in the March 26, 2008 issue.
- BRITISH PAIN SOCIETY WANTS ONLINE SURVEY RESPONDENTS. Allcock, Nick // Nursing Standard;9/17/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p33
A letter to the editor is presented about the need by the British Pain Society for online survey respondents.