Doubts about lutein
- Dietary lutein and zeaxanthin: authors' response. Robman, L.; Vu, H.; Hodge, A.; McCarty, C. A.; Taylor, H. R. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Sep2006, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p1211
A response by L. Robman, A. Hodge and C. A. McCarty to a letter to the editor about their article "Dietary Lutein and Zeaxanthin," published in the previous issue is presented.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR Validity Issues with the In Vivo Measurement of Skin Carotenoids Using Raman Spectroscopy. Hammond Jr., Billy R.; Wooten, Billy R. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Feb2004, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p544
Presents a letter to the editor about validity issues with the in vivo measurement of skin carotenoids using Raman Spectroscopy, published in the February 1, 2004 issue of "Journal of Investigative Dermatology."
- LETTERS. Heron, James; Nolan, John M.; Gupta, Navneet // Optometry Today;5/4/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p40
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Dietary Macular Carotenoid Supplements and Drusen Resolution" in the November 9, 2011 issue.
- As beta-carotene promise fades, focus turns to other carotenoids. Forman, Adrienne // Environmental Nutrition;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Reports that researchers have turned their attention to other caretenoids with health-giving properties following adverse findings on beta-carotene. Effects of beta-carotene on smokers; Link of lycopene to cancer; Role of lutein in preventing age-related macular degeneration; Sources of...
- Macular degeneration and Lutein. Mahi, Josephine // Total Health;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p21
Deals with several research studies which emphasizes the importance of lutein in the diet. Sources of lutein; Effect of lutein in macular degeneration; Evidence that lutein is an important factor in the protection of the macular region of the retina; What the study of the researchers at Tufts...
- Beyond beta-carotene? Scheer, James F. // Better Nutrition;Oct97, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p48
Presents information on three beliefs on carotenoid which can be hazardous to your health. Details on ketchup as a sources of carotenoid; Information on the protection carotenoids can offer against macular degeneration; Why it is a mistake to think that beta-carotene is the only carotenoid;...
- Eat your veggies! // Health News & Review;Summer95, p23
Reports on the importance of carotenoids found in vegetables in preventing the ravages of aging. Heart disease; Macular degeneration.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.