- WEDDING RING QUILTS. Proeller, Marie // Country Living;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p87
Provides information on Double Wedding Ring pattern quilts. Historical background; Symbolism of the pattern.
- THE DOUBLE WEDDING RING QUILT. Spivack, Kathleen // Spirit That Moves Us: Men & Women - Together & Alone;1988, p92
The article presents the poem "The Double Wedding Ring Quilt," by Kathleen Spivack. First Line: When they exchanged wedding rings; Last Line: you will explain.
- Adult books: Nonfiction. Freeman, Iva // Booklist;9/1/94, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p16
Reviews the book `Double Wedding Ring Quilts: New Quilts From an Old Favorite,' edited by Victoria Faoro.
- Epithalamium Catalogue of the Folklore of the Origins of the Double Wedding Ring Quilt. Sobin, Anthony // Kenyon Review;Spring89, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p87
Presents the poem 'Epithalamium Catalogue of the Folklore of the Origins of the Double Wedding Ring Quilt.'
- Creative Quilt Artists in Downeast Maine. // Quilter's World;Dec2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p20
This article features quilt artists from Maine. Cathy Shamel, a piecemaker, began making miniature quilted vignettes that nearly always begin with a quotation that she loves and includes in fabric on the quilt or in paint on the frame around it. Another is Susan Plachy, her quilts are just as...
- Double Wedding Ring Quilts: Traditions Made Modern. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 46, p48
A review of the book "Double Wedding Ring Quilts: Traditions Made Modern," by Victoria Findlay Wolfe, is presented.
- Reader Letters. P., Mychelle // Quilter's World;Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
Letters to the editor are presented including one about patriotic signature quilts, and another, about a quilt made from scraps.
- A patchwork of memories warms him. Robson, Nancy // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/97, Vol. 89 Issue 46, p16
Opinion. Focuses on the sentimental value of a patchwork quilt given to the author's son Matt. When the author began sewing; Information on how the author produced skill from using scraps; Details of how the author prepared to make this quilt for her son; Reaction of the author's son when he...
- Patchwork quilting. Wade, Anita Howard // Cricket;Sep95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p42
Describes the importance of patchwork quilting on the lives of frontier Americans. Names of the patterns; Shapes and activities of the frontiersmen as inspiration for the quilt design; Utility of the quilts.