- Letters. Versagi, Charlotte Michael; Hamelik, Paula Z. // Massage Magazine;Mar2007, Issue 130, p16
Two letters to the editor in response to the articles "Massage and the Bigger Body: How to Work With Large Clients," by Pamela Yaeger in the December 2006 issue and "Tiffany Field on Massage Research," in the October 2006 issue are presented.
- Letter from the President. Jewell, Dianne V. // Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy Journal (American Physical Ther;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p33
Presents a letter to the editor of "Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy Journal" about the medication use in physical therapy practice.
- PTs in the News. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p70
Reports developments related to physical therapy as of October 2004. Publication of an article related to physical therapists in the "Seattle-Post Intelligencer;" Distribution of an article in "The Washington Post" featuring physical therapist Pam Wood; Weight of backpack suitable for children...
- Error and patient safety: Ethical analysis of cases in occupational and physical therapy practice. Linda Scheirton; K. Mu; H. Lohman; T. Cochran // Medicine, Health Care & Philosophy;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p301
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Compared to other health care professions such as medicine, nursing and pharmacy, few studies have been conducted to examine the nature of practice errors in occupational and physical therapy. In an ongoing study to determine root causes, typographies and impact of...
- The complementary con. McCartney, Margaret // GP: General Practitioner;6/30/2003, p73
The article focuses on relaxation caused by foot massage. A gentle foot rub in an intimate setting is all very well. Gentle foot massage providing spine with renewed strength.
- Footnote: What's New in the Literature. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p77
Presents several periodicals with articles related to physical therapy in the U.S. New England Journal of Medicine; Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; Journal of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Clinical Research Centers: Results Coming In. Hopkins, Fran // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p38
Looks into the condition of physical therapy in Iowa and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Development of the Iowa Level of Assistance Scale to assess function in many centers; Proposal of establishing PTClinResNet clinical research network (CRN); Advantages of using CRN. INSET: The Foundation for...
- COMMENTARY. Sullivan, Katherine J. // International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p323
The author reflects on the effectiveness of physical therapy as treatment for behavior disorder. He pointed that physical therapy has the same principles with other health-related medical intervention, to point that all therapies considers risks and benefits. The author relates the topic to a...
- UP YER BUM! Crummy, Colin // Gay Community News;Feb2005, Issue 182, p23
This article focuses on colonic hydrotherapy. The therapy is holistic, one will get a kind of prescription about the nutrients one is lacking, the changes one needs to make to diet and lifestyle, that sort of thing. Dry skin brushing is advised, scrubbing the skin before showering to remove...