Finasteride: Middle-Age Cure-All for Alopecia and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia?
- IATROGENIC ALOPECIA. Friedman, Marion // Journal of Family Practice;Aug1994, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p114
A letter to the editor is presented about iatrogenic alopecia.
- Interferon alpha eye drops: treatment of atypical lymphoid hyperplasia with secondary alopecia. Finger, P. T.; Reichstein, D. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Aug2007, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p1085
A letter to the editor that reports a case of alopecia following topical interferon-alpha treatment is presented.
- Extensive Traction Alopecia Attributable to Ponytail Hairstyle and Its Treatment with Hair Transplantation. Özçelik, Derya // Aesthetic Plastic Surgery;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p325
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on extensive traction alopecia.
- Radiation-induced Alopecia. Ali, Syed Yousuf; Singh, Gurcharan // International Journal of Trichology;Jul-Dec2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p118
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the effect of radiation-induced alopecia radiotherapy in a 65-year-old man which causes him of hair loss in the beard while receiving the radiotherapy for oropharyngeal carcinoma.
- Extensive Scalp-Lifting. Heinberg, Charles E. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Dec88, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1419
Presents a letter to the editor about treatment of male pattern baldness by means of extensive scalp-lifting procedures.
- Isoniazid and alopecia. Wiwanitkit, Somsri; Wiwanitkit, Viroj // Lung India;Jul-Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p233
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Isoniazid-induced alopecia," by K. B. Gupta and colleagues in the 2011 issue.
- Noncicatricial alopecia due to plaque-type psoriasis of the scalp. Gül, Ülker; Soylu, Seçil; Demiriz, Murat // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p78
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Noncicatricial alopecia due to plaque-type psoriasis of the scalp," that was published in the previous issue.
- Further delineation of El-Shanti syndrome. El-Shanti, Hatem // European Journal of Pediatrics;Dec2004, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p761
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Alopecia congenita universalis, Microcephaly, Cutis marmorata, Short Stature and XY Gonadal Dysgenesis: Variable Expression of El-Shanti Syndrome," in the March 2004 issue.
- FPRL1 Receptor Agonist Peptides Prevent Etoposide-Induced Alopecia in Neonatal Rats. Tsuruki, Takahiro; Ito, Ayaka; Takaha, Kyoya; Yoshikawa, Masaaki // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jul2004, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p242
Presents a letter to the editor on formylpeptide-1 receptor agonist peptides that prevents etoposide-induced alopecia in neonatal rats.
- Winning Issue. Bailey, Edgar // Audubon;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p8
A letter to the editor is presented about the photograph of a bald eagle taken in Homer, Alaska that was recognized by the periodical "Audubon" in its Top 100 List for 2009 and on its table of contents page.