Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation therapy
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation therapy. Albertus, Steve // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Nursing Care of Patients on Receiving Intra-Aortic Balloon Counterpulsation" in the October 2005 issue.
- Elective Intra-aortic Balloon Pump Placement in High-Risk Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Gen-Min Lin; Kai-Min Chu; Chih-Lu Han; Engström, Annemarie E.; Sjauw, Krischan D.; Henriques, José P. S.; Szabó, Gábor Tamas; Rácz, Ildikó; Koszegi, Zsolt; Perera, Divaka; Stables, Rodney; Redwood, Simon // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/24/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 20, p2240
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Elective Intra-Aortic Balloon Counterpulsation During High-Risk Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: A Randomized Controlled Trial," by Divaka Perera and colleagues in a 2009 issue, as well as a reply by the authors of the...
- INTRA-AORTIC BALLOON PUMPING INEFFECTIVE AGAINST SYSTEMIC INFLAMMATORY ACTIVATION DURING MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION-RELATED CARDIOGENIC SHOCK. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA120
An abstract of the article "Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumping Ineffective Against Systemic Inflammatory Activation During Myocardial Infarction-Related Cardiogenic Shock," by J. M. Carter and colleagues is presented.
- Getting to the heart of IABP therapy. Stamatis, Susan J.; Spadoni, Susan M.; Ferraro, Julia // RN;Jan97, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p38
Investigates the intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) therapy. Indications for the therapy; Initiation of the therapy; Procedure; Effectively pumping a patient; Troubleshooting problems with augmentation; Complications of the therapy. INSETS: IABP setup monitoring.;What a normal IABP waveform looks...
- IABC. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1146
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "IABC," which stands for intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, is presented.
- IABP. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1146
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "IABP," which stands for intra-aortic balloon pump, is presented.
- intra-aortic balloon pump. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1223
A definition of the term "intra-aortic balloon pump" which refers to the intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation is presented.
- What you would not expect after a difficult intra-aortic balloon pump removal. Jiritano, Federica; Rossi, Michele; Malta, Emanuele; Mastroroberto, Pasquale // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;May2014, Vol. 45 Issue 5, pe177
A photograph is presented depicting an intra-aortic balloon pump catheter.
- INTRA-AORTIC BALLOON PUMP. Bricker, Patricia Lee // RN;Jul80, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p23
Discusses the nursing care needed by patients with intra-aortic balloon pump. Information on counterpulsation; Description of the balloon pump; Complications caused by the balloon pump. INSETS: A closer look at the balloon pump and how it works;Now, a simple fast method of balloon...