Acquired factor V inhibitor associated with valproic acid use in a cirrhotic patient
- Immediate switching from a chrono to an extended-release formulation of divalproex sodium: A two-part study in patients with controlled epilepsy. Shukla, Rakesh; Prakash, Sanjay; Abbas, Asad // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p127
A letter to the editor is presented about a study which examined the efficacy of extended-release (ER) sodium valproate in the treatment of epilepsy.
- Levetiracetam as monotherapy or add-on to valproate in the treatment of acute mania–a randomized open-label study. Krüger, Stephanie; Sarkar, Rahul; Pietsch, Ramona; Hasenclever, Dirk; Bräunig, Peter // Psychopharmacology;Jun2008, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p297
A letter to the editor about the use of levetiracetam as monotherapy or add-on to valproate in the treatment of acute mania is presented.
- Death of a Hepatitis A Patient during Valproate Therapy. Kamitani, Tetsu; Takegoshi, Kunio; Okuda, Koji; Okada, Eikichi // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1991, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p651
Presents a letter to the editor about an adult hepatitis A patient who received 8 months of valproate monotherapy, resulting in death.
- Unusual cutaneous reaction with sodium valproate. Roy, S.; Goel, Deepak // Neurology India;Mar2009, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p216
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the neurological aspects of the unusual cutaneous reaction with sodium valproate.
- An adult case of cyclic vomiting syndrome successfully responding to valproic acid. Nakazato, Y.; Tamura, N.; Shimazu, K. // Journal of Neurology;Jun2008, Vol. 255 Issue 6, p934
A letter to the editor is presented about the effectiveness of valproic acid in an adult case of cyclic vomiting syndrome.
- Effect of a manually generated laboratory comment on requesting and performance of valproate assays. Jones, B. J.; Twomey, P. J. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Nov2008, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p1231
A letter to the editor is presented about a manually generated comment intended for indications other than assessing compliance with valproate assays.
- Acute myelogenous leukemia in a patient with Liâ€“Fraumeni syndrome treated with valproic acid, theophyllamine and all-trans retinoic acid: a case report. Ånensen, N.; Skavland, J.; Stapnes, C.; Ryningen, A.; Børresen-Dale, A.-L.; Gjertsen, B. T.; Bruserud, Ø. // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p734
A letter to the editor discussing the treatment of an acute myelogenous leukemia patient with a Li-Frumeni syndrome with valproic acid, theophyllamine and all-trans retinoic acid is presented.
- Non-equivalence of bioavailability between generic and branded form of Sodium valproate. Dhanaraj, M.; Jayavelu, A. // Neurology India;Sep2004, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p398
Presents a letter to the editor of "Neurology India" journal suggesting non-equivalence of bioavailability between generic and branded form of Sodium valproate.
- Valproic Acid Induces Manifestations of Simultaneous Dopamine Enhancement and Reduction in Schizophrenia. Lopez, Lina M.; Wassef, Adel A.; Molly, Melissa S.; Williams, Nina G. // Neuropsychopharmacology;Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1217
Presents a letter to the editor about the psychological effect of valproic acid.