- Mussings on NAIS, micro-chips, and land patents. Doffin, Tami // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p26
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the articles on the National Animal Identification System program in the March and April 2006 issue of "Countryside & Small Stock Journal."
- Country conversation & feedback. Charniga, Gary; Dille, Richard; Trost, Jeremy; Slack, Glenn; McNeill, Lisa; Campbell, Chad; Bugg, Jim; Ferreira, Barbara; Martin, Cynthia; Ablieter, Leonard; Belt, Kathy; Murray, Maddie; Schrock, Joe; Yoder, Daniel; Horning, Ted; Horning, Sue; Goss Jr., Jeffery; Hively, Sharon; Hively, Dale; Osborn, Todd // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun2006, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p8
Presents letters to the editor in response to articles and topics discussed in pervious issues. Article on the National Animal Identification System by Mary Zanoni in the January/February 2006 issue; "The Gardening Game," in the March/April 2006 issue; Problems of Elizabeth Smith of Poulsbo,...
- In the dwindling Philippine forest, there's still room for discovery. // National Geographic;Jul97, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p147
Looks at two recently discovered animals in the Philippine Forest as of July 1997. The Panay cloudrunner and Lind's sunbird identified in the Philippines by Pedro C. Gonzales of the Philippine National Museum and Robert S. Kennedy, an ornithologist with the Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Micro quiz. // Ranger Rick;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p34
Presents a quiz that asks to identify magnified photographs of animal parts by matching with their corresponding descriptions.
- Mammalian species identification by interspersed repeat PCR fingerprinting. Buntjer, J B; Lenstra, J A // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p121
Most DNA methods for species identification of animal tissues test the presence/absence of one species per assay, requiring several tests for a complete analysis and prior knowledge of the species that are potentially present in the sample. Here we demonstrate that PCR with fluorescently labeled...
- SNAKES ALIVE! // Spider;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p36
A quiz concerning the names of snakes is presented.
- Animal Hide-and-Seek. Bursik, Rose // Spider;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
A quiz concerning the animal hide and seek is presented.
- EYES IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD. Deppe, Caroline // Spider;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information about animals with eyespots which can be mistaken as their eyes such as the butterflyfish, the North American beetle, and the tiger.
- We Gave It a Swirl. // National Geographic World;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 317, p38
Presents an activity for children which involve the identification of animals from distorted animal pictures.