Surgical Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia, Type 1
- Surgical Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia, Type 1. Truty, Mark J.; Thompson, Geiffrey B. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Nov2005, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1530
Presents a response to a letter to the editor on surgical treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome in multiple endocrine neoplasia.
- Mechanisms of Steatorrhea in the Zollinger--Ellison Syndrome. Vogel, Robert M.; Weinstein, L. Donald; Herskovic, Teodoro; Spiro, Howard M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct67, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p816
Presents information on a case study involving a patient with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome with steatorrhea in whom marked villous atrophy persisted until the time of surgery. Patient history; Illustration of the mechanism of malabsorption; Explanation for the steatorrhea of the Zollinger-Ellison...
- Selective Venous Sampling for Gastrin to Localize Gastrinomas. Cherner, Jay A.; Doppman, John L.; Norton, Jeffrey A.; Miller, Donald L.; Krudy, Adria G.; Raufman, Jean-Pierre; Collen, Martin J.; Maton, Paul N.; Gardner, Jerry D.; Jensen, Robert T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec86, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p841
Assesses the selective venous sampling for gastrin to localize gastrinomas. Importance of the early diagnosis and surgical control of gastric acid hypersecretion in patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome; Methodology of the study; Discussion on the results of the study.
- Finger clubbing in the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Taube, M.; Wastell, C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/22/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6558, p1346
Presents a case on Zollinger-Ellison syndrome with clubbing of the fingers. Description of the case; Extrathoracic causes of clubbing; Presence of Ferritin in patients with clubbing.
- Assessment and Prediction of Long-term Cure in Patients with the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: The Best Approach. Fishbeyn, Vitaly A.; Norton, Jeffrey A.; Benya, Richard V.; Pisegna, Joseph R.; Venzon, David J.; Metz, David C.; Jensen, Robert T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/1/93, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p199
Identifies the best method for determining freedom from disease after gastrinoma resection and for predicting long-term disease-free status in patients with the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Background on gastrinoma; Determination of fasting serum gastrin concentrations after a secretin...
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Christlieb, A. Richard; Shende, Michael; Schuster, Marvin M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun64, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p1059
Reports on a case involving a patient suffering from the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Symptoms manifested by the patient; Pathological features of the syndrome.
- Duodenal gastrinoma--clinical features and usefulness of selective arterial secretin injection test. Takasu, Atsuko; Shimosegawa, Tooru; Fukudo, Shin; Asakura, Tohru; Uchi, Midori; Kimura, Kenji; Kashimura, Junya; Satoh, Kennichi; Koizumi, Masaru; Sasaki, Iwao; Hongo, Michio; Suzuki, Toshimitsu; Toyota, Takayoshi // Journal of Gastroenterology;1998, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p728
Abstract: Duodenal gastrinoma is recognized as a relatively common cause of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, but its clinical and biological features are not well known. Here we report a case of duodenal gastrinoma with lymph node metastasis which was confirmed by pathology examinations....
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2514
A definition of the term "Zollinger-Ellison syndrome" which refers to a condition resulting from neuroendocrine tumors characterized by the secretion of excessive amounts of gastrin is presented.
- Unusual Clinical Manifestations and Angiographic Findings in a Patient with the Zollinger--Ellison Syndrome. Moritz, Mordekhai; Kahn, Paul C.; Callow, Allan D.; Levitian, Ruven // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec69, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p1133
Deals with the case of a patient with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Clinical background of the case; Description of major clinical manifestations and angiographic findings associated with the condition; Relation to gastric acid hypersecretion.