- Growing . . . Growing . . . GONE? Wooldridge, Frosty; Meritt, Mark; Malone, Kenneth; Brewer-Jensen, Paul; Gilley, Jon L.; Nagy, Melissa; Thome, Rhonda; Keating, Mary; Bradley, Matt; Manning, Robb; Nolt, Sarah; Winters, Craig // Mother Earth News;Apr2004, Issue 203, p6
Presents letters to the editor in response to the article "Growing...Growing...Gone?" by Lester R. Brown published in the December 2004 issue of the periodical "Mother Earth News." Population growth in the U.S.; Increase of food production; Decline in the rate of global oil extraction.
- Yamal peninsula: Oil and gas development and problems of demography and health among indigenous... Pika, A.; Bogoyavlensky, D. // Arctic Anthropology;1995, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p61
Provides data on the settling, structure, and dynamics of the Yamal population (aboriginal and foreign) and analyzes the current demographic situation on the Yamal Peninsula. Issues related to the health status of the population; Population distribution; Demographic structure; Demographic...
- Tunnelers take on oil recovery. Soast, Allen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/07/96, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p11
Talks about a development in petroleum mining in the United States. Extraction technique for petroleum by the petroleum recovery firm PetroTech Resources Inc.; Combination of the mining and oil patch methods in the extraction technique; Description of the technique; Cost of recovery cost; Doubts...
- Oil prospects soar in Papuan Basin. Davis, Mark // BRW;12/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p60
Discusses the Moran oil discovery in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea (PNG). Impact on the Oil Search share price; Companies with holdings in the Highlands; Foreign investments; The financially attractive nature of the PNG finds; Development costs for PNG; Details about the finding sites;...
- DECK MODULE IS LOST IN GULF AS ERECTING CRANE'S CABLE SNAPS. Armistead, Tom; Powers, Mary B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/21/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 23, p12
Focuses on the investigation on the sunken deck module of a petroleum production platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Cause of the deck module sinking; Design and fabrication features of Petronius 'compliant tower' platform; Impact of the accident on Petronius oil production.
- Auditor General warns of "damaging legacy" over unconventional gas. // Chain Reaction;Sep2015, Issue 124, p9
The article discusses the report titled "Unconventional Gas: Managing Risks and Impacts" which focuses on the operation of the unconventional gas mining in Victoria.
- Fracking consent granted. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Nov2013, p2
The article focuses on a report of the oil exploration firm TAG Oil Ltd. which highlights that the Taranaki Regional Council has granted the company fracking consent and drilling on the Cardiff-3 well that was located in Petroleum Mining License 38156 in New Zealand.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.