Are FASD guidelines practical and sustainable?
- AVOIDANCE OF ALCOHOL IS BEST ADVICE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN. Thomas, Jayne // Nursing Standard;8/29/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p33
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article concerning the call of the British Medical Association (BMA) for reliable evidence on the incidence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders in Great Britain, published in the August 22, 2007 issue.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Seizure Disorder. O'Malley, Kieran D.; Barr, Helen // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Dec1998, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1051
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the topic on fetal alcohol syndrome and seizure disorder.
- Are FASD guidelines practical and sustainable? Goulden, Keith J. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/25/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 9, p1070
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Identifying Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder in Primary Care," by Christine Loock et al., which appeared in the 2005 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal."
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Essential Fatty Acids. Das, Undurti N. // PLoS Medicine;May2006, Vol. 3 Issue 5, pe
A letter to the editor about the relationship between fetal alcohol syndrome and essential fatty acids is presented.
- A Challenge in Managing a Family with the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Davis, Andrew; Lipson, Anthony // Clinical Pediatrics;May1984, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p304
Presents a letter to the editor to describe a family of four siblings in order to highlight difficult and controversial areas concerning the assessment and prognosis of children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- rants and raves. Rota, Mark; Sharpe, Cal; Sharpe, Bill; Gairns, Robert; Trottier, Tom // Windspeaker;Oct2006, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
Several letters to the editor discussing the issues confronting Native Indians in Canada are presented, including a clarification on the reported epidemic of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome among Aboriginal peoples, the concern of an incarcerated Indian from Mnjikaning who was denied of medication for...
- Fetal alcohol syndrome epidemic on Manitoba reserve. Square, David // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p59
Reports on a fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) and fetal alcohol effects (FAE) epidemic in Manitoba, Canada. The results of the study of alcohol teratogenesis conducted on the First Nations Reserve; The central nervous dysfunctions associated with fetal alcohol syndrome; How the incidence of alcohol...
- Variable Structure/ Variable Performance: Parent and Teacher Perspectives on a School-Age Child with FAS. Timler, Geralyn R.; Olswang, Lesley B. // Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions;Winter2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p48
Presents a case study of a school-age boy with a diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome to explore the parent's and teacher's viewpoints about the best educational program for him. Educational support services for children with alcohol-related disabilities; Recommended school plans.
- Using local media to educate young women about FAS and FAE. Orgain, Linda S.; Caporale, Madeline J. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p171
Presents a program which addresses the lack of awareness over fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) through a public information campaign using the local mass media and a coordinated campaign among physicians who have significant numbers of young female patients. Alcohol as leading preventable cause of...