- Backtalking value analysis assumptions. Veazey, B. E. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p92
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Hiring a Value Analysis Leader Can Be Hazardous to Fiscal Health," by Robert Yok in the April 2006 issue.
- Letters to the editor. Bone, Clive; Sumal, Jagdish S. // Management Services;Oct95, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p40
Presents a letter to the editor about value analysis and value management.
- Letters. Wixson, Jim; Jones, John A.; Goodkind, Michael N.; Adams, Patricia V.; Rosene, Rich; Tanenbaum, Ronald J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/11/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p5
Presents letters to the editor, published in the August 11, 2003 issue of the journal 'Engineering News-Record,' dealing with the issue of value engineering. Significance of applying value engineering early in the design prior to any important design activities; Enhancement of the value of a...
- Readers respond. Jonap, Scott; Kraich, Ken // Home Channel News;5/4/2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p16
Two letters to the editor are presented which concern about corporate reorganization and the need for companies to plan for their future and the cutting of costs for value engineering in the April 13, 2009 issue.
- LETTERS. Rodriguez, Scott; Teschler, Leland; Fontaine, Lawrence; Hambley, Darrell; Yahn, K. // Machine Design;12/11/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 23, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including "How to Engineer a Nightmare" in the October 23, 2008 issue, "How to Develop Products like Toyota" in the October 8, 2008 issue and "Design for Costing" in the October 9, 2008 issue. Also cited are...
- Benefits of value engineering criteria studies. Mitten, Douglas N. // AACE International Transactions;1997, following pVE&C.
Discusses lessons learned about reasoning, methods and benefits associated with value engineering criteria studies. Space planning; Life cycle costs; Management processes.
- EVA fever. Blair, Alistair // Management Today;Jan97, p42
Discusses the views of British companies on the concept of economic value added (EVA). EVA and its implication on corporate debt; EVA as net operating profit after tax less your cost of capital. INSET: Easy if you know your alpha and beta..
- Value engineering: Paradigm or paradox? McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Mar1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the concept of value engineering in construction management services. Origins of the concept; Objectives of value engineering; Need for total quality engineering (TQE).
- Strategic value analysis. Mills, Roger; Print, Carole // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb95, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p35
Part I. Compares shareholder value analysis and economic value added. Measurement of the potential financial benefit to shareholders from pursuing strategic options; Importance of focusing on economic principles.