- UPDATE ON LEVONORGESTREL FOR EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION. Strayer, Scott M.; Couchenour, Rachel L. // Journal of Family Practice;Dec99, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p1002
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Combined Oral Contraceptives Versus Levonorgestrel for Emergency Contraception."
- Studies on oral contraceptives are flawed. // Pulse;5/11/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Lower clot risk with levonorgestrel."
- Emergency contraception: Is it time to change method? Webb, Anne // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/06/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7180, p342
Features levonorgestrel as an emergency contraception method and as an alternative of combined estrogen-progestogen method. Effectiveness of levonorgestrel; How to avail and use the pill; Issues about the use of contraceptives.
- New Long-Acting Contraceptive Can Also Help Women Avoid Hysterectomy. // HealthFacts;Mar2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the effectiveness of the intrauterine device, called Mirena, on birth control and an alternative to hysterectomy for women who suffer excessive menstrual flow.
- Users' Perspectives on Bleeding Patterns after Two Years of Levonorgestrel-Releasing Intrauterine System Use. Nascimento, R.; Bahamondes, L.; Hidalgo, M.; Perrotti, M.; Espejo-Arce, X.; Petta, C.A. // Drugs in R&D;2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p387
Deals with a study which evaluated the perspectives of users of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system in Campinas, Brazil. Materials and methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusions.
- Levonorgestrel is a better emergency contraceptive than the combination pill. Olenick, I. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p53
Compares postcoital contraceptives Yuzpe regimen and levonorgestrel. Efficacy and side effects of levonorgestrel and Yuzpe regimen; Direct proportionality between pregnancy risk and unprotected intercourse and treatment; Recommendation in making levonorgestrel as the standard emergency regimen.
- The Mirena intrauterine system. // GP: General Practitioner;12/16/2002, p42
Focuses on the mirena intrauterine system for contraception in women. Description of the system; Advantages of the system; Failure rate of mirena.
- Single hormone is best for emergency pill. Wise, Jacqui // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/15/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7156, p432
Reports that a task force for the World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed that levonorgestrel alone is a better form of emergency contraception than the current standard treatment of a combination of levonorgestrel and ethinyloestradiol. Highlights of a study that led the WHO to this...
- The effects of the levonorgestrel intrauterine system (Mirena coil) on endometrial morphology. Phillips, V.; Graham, C.T.; Manek, S.; McCluggage, W.G. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p305
Aims: The Mirena coil is a levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine device that is in widespread use. This study aims to document the endometrial morphology associated with this device. Methods: Endometrial specimens from 75 women with the Mirena coil were reviewed and the histological features...