Postural and Venous Stasis-Induced Changes in Total Calcium
- The Normal Hematocrit Study ï¿½ Follow-up. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/24/2008, Vol. 358 Issue 4, p433
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a study on hematocrit values in patients with congestive heart failures or diseases.
- Evidence for a gene influencing haematocrit on chromosome 6q23-24: genomewide scan in the Framingham Heart Study. Lin, J-P; O'Donnell, C. J.; Levy, D.; Cupples, L. A. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Jan2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p75
Presents a letter to the editor about the first linkage studies of high hematocrit (HCT) in the Framingham Heart Study, with the goal of identifying chromosomal regions that may contain quantitative trait loci involved in controlling HCT.
- Response to â€˜Regarding â€œthe effect of epoetin dose on hematocritâ€ â€™. Cotter, Dennis; Yi Zhang; Thamer, Mae; Kaufman, James; Hernán, Miguel // Kidney International;Sep2008, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p827
A response by Dennis Cotter and colleagues to a letter to the editor about their report on the effect of epoetin dose on hematocrit is presented.
- The effect of epoetin dose on hematocrit. Critchlow, Cathy W.; Bradbury, Brian D.; Acquavella, John F.; Ruixo, Juan J. P.; Krishnan, Mahesh; Chow, Andrew T.; Brenner, Robert M. // Kidney International;Sep2008, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p827
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the effect of epoetin dose on hematocrit.
- The normal HCT trial re-revisited: what were the actual findings? Besarab, Anatole; Bolton, W Kline; Nissenson, Allen R; Schwab, Steven J // Kidney International;Jul2012, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p242
A letter to the editor is presented about the Normal Hematocrit Cardiac Trial (NHCT).
- Significance of NOx concentration in red blood cells. Ishibashi, Takaharu; Evereklioglu, Cern; Cekrnen, Mustafa // Mediators of Inflammation;Apr2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p135
The article presents a letter to the editor on significance of NO[subx] concentration in red blood cells, and it's reply from the editor. According to the letter, it is not hard to accept that NO production is enhanced in active inflammation in Behcet's disease, and this may be reflected in the...
- Variation in osmoregulatory parameters of captive and wild house sparrows (Passer domesticus) Goldstein, David L.; Zahedi, Afshan // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jul1990, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p533
No abstract available.
- Blood Lead Levels and Hypertension. Hense, Hans W. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/23/2003, Vol. 290 Issue 4, p460
Presents a letter to the editor about research by Nash and colleagues on the risk of hypertension among women aged 40 to 59 years who had higher blood levels of lead. Discussion of the role of hematocrit levels as a source of residual confounding, which can cause an overestimation of an...
- Trends in Use, Cost, and Outcomes of Human Recombinant Erythropoietin, 1989-98. Greer, Joel W.; Milam, Roger A. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring99, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p55
Provides information on a study which presented descriptive data showing trends in human recombinant erythropoietin doses, charges and patient hematocrits from the fourth quarter of 1989 to the first quarter of 1998. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.