Effect of thiazolidinediones on lipid profile
- Rituximab and Omalizumab in Severe, Refractory Insulin Allergy. Yong, Patrick F.K.; Malik, Rifat; Arif, Sefina; Peakman, Mark; Amiel, Stephanie; Ibrahim, Mohammad A.A.; Gough, Andrew // New England Journal of Medicine;3/5/2009, Vol. 360 Issue 10, p1045
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the use of rituximab and omalizumab to treat severe, refractory insulin allergy.
- Pioglitazone for Diabetes Prevention. McCowen, Karen C.; Fajtova, Vera T.; Goldstein, Mark R.; Mascitelli, Luca; DeFronzo, Ralph A.; Reaven, Peter D. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/14/2011, Vol. 365 Issue 2, p182
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Pioglitazone for Diabetes Prevention in Impaired Glucose Tolerance," by R. A. DeFronzo, D. Tripathy, D. C. Schwenke and colleagues in the March 24, 2011 issue.
- New ED Drug for DM? Kesselman, Paul // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p20
A letter to the editor is presented about a female diabetic patient who mistakenly identified her new drug as Priapism.
- Glitazones are a worthwhlie use of NHS money. Barnett, Anthony // Pulse;5/7/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Glitazones not worth the money" in a previous issue.
- The Gly972Arg variant in insulin receptor substrate-1 is not associated with birth weight in contemporary English children. Mason, S.; Ong, K. K. L.; Pembrey, M. E.; Woods, K. A.; Dunger, D. B. // Diabetologia;Sep2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1201
Presents a letter to the editor regarding the Gly972Arg variant in insulin receptor.
- Thiazolidinedione Use, Fluid Retention, and Congestive Heart Failure: a consensus statement from the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association. Elasy, Tom A.; Griffin, Marie // Diabetes Care;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p2096
Presents a letter to the editor about the use of thiazolidinediones to lower glucose in diabetics.
- Thiazolidinedione Use, Fluid Retention, and Congestive Heart Failure: a consensus statement from the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association. Nesto, Richard W. // Diabetes Care;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p2096
Presents a letter to the editor about the side effects of thiazolidinedione in patients with diabetes.
- Unexpected recovery from prolonged hypoglycemic coma: a protective role of metformin? Lalau, Jean-Daniel; Masmoudi, Kamel // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p493
Presents a letter to the editor discussing the protective role of metformin.
- Effect of thiazolidinediones on lipid profile. Cheng, Alice Y. Y.; Fantus, I. George // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/16/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p344
Presents a response by Alice Y. Y. Cheng and I. George Fantus to a letter to the editor about their article "Oral Antihyperglycemic Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus," published in a 2005 issue of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal."