Primary intestinal autoimmune disease as a cause of chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction
- Intestinal Obstruction Due to Bochdaleck's Hernia in an Adult. Elizondo, Miguel Echenique; Aguinagalde, Borja // Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p211
A letter to the editor is presented about intestinal obstruction due to Bochdaleck's hernia.
- Meckel's diverticulum causing mechanical small bowel obstruction. Devanaboyna, G.; Shami, S. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p156
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the phenomenon of small bowel obstruction secondary to an adhesion from the distal end of a Meckel's diverticulum.
- Small Bowel Obstruction by a Primary Phytobezoar in Crohn's Disease. Harrington, Silvie; Mohamed, Shafi; Bloch, Robert // American Surgeon;Jan2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p93
A letter to the editor is presented about a 66-year-old man with a phytobezoar in a small intestine affected by Crohn's disease.
- Complete Small Bowel Obstruction Secondary to Internal Transomental Herniation: Report of an Unusual 'Swiss Cheese' Omentum. Korn, Jason M.; Unti, James A. // American Surgeon;Feb2009, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p187
A letter to the editor about a complete small bowel obstruction secondary to internal transomental herniation is presented.
- Haloperidol and Benztropine Interaction Presenting as Acute Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction. Sheikh, Rafiq A.; Prindiville, Thomas; Yasmeen, Shagufta // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2001, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p934
Presents a letter to the editor about a case of an elderly woman with hypertension, hypothyroidism, cerebrovascular disease and vascular dementia who developed acute intestinal pseudo-obstruction after receiving benztropine to counteract the side effects from haloperidol.
- Mesh plug repair: can we reduce the risk of plug erosion into the sigmoid colon? D'Amore, L.; Gossetti, F.; Manto, O.; Negro, P. // Hernia;Aug2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p495
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A rare cause of mechanical bowel obstruction: mesh migration," by I. Yilmaz and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Bowel Obstruction Secondary to Internal Hernia after Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and Gastrostomy Tube Placement. Holder-Murray, Jennifer; Statter, Mindy B.; Liu, Donald // American Surgeon;Dec2009, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p1263
A letter to the editor is presented about a 12-year-old boy who was diagnosed with bowel obstruction secondary to internal hernia after he underwent laparoscopic fundoplication and gastronomy tube placement.
- Colonic Obstruction Due to Anospasm from a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid Mimicking Colonic Pseudoobstruction in a Frail and Elderly Patient. Cappell, Mitchell S.; Taragin, Mark I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1993, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p789
Presents a letter to the editor on colonic obstruction due to anospasm from a thrombosed hemorrhoid mimicking colonic pseudoobstruction in a frail and elderly patient.
- Intestinal obstruction due to malrotation. Spicer, Richard D. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct2004, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p504
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on a case of malrotation in an adult reported by Mr. Awan and his colleagues.
- Authors' response. Awan, Ataf K.; Hall, Richard I. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct2004, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p504
A response by Ataf K. Awan and Richard I. Hall to a letter to the editor about their concerning intestinal obstruction due to malrotation in the July 2004 issue.