LETTERS TO THE EDITORS
- Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero. Clapson, Mark // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall94, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p75
Reviews the book "Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero," by Stan Shipley.
- Vantage point. Johnson, James A. // Military Intelligence;Apr-Jun93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the United States Army's efforts to ensure that soldiers who are sent to school to meet all the requirements. Aim to better serve the American soldiers and their families; Problem facing non-commissioned officers' (NCOs) promotion; Link between NCO Education system and promotion;...
- Guard and Reserve Affairs items. // Army Lawyer;Aug98, Issue 309, p57
Provides information on education and training for United States Army personnel. Reserve component quotas for resident graduate course; Army Judge Advocate General's Corps Application procedure for Guard and Reserve; Required materials for applications of prospective law school students; Online...
- THE ARMY BOOTS UP FOR e-LEARNING. Voth, Danna // Learning & Training Innovations;Apr2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
Provides information on eArmyU, a distance learning program created by the U.S. Army in 1999. Background on the program; Features of eArmyU; Development of electronic learning concepts for the program; Description of the Web portal used for the eArmy educational system.
- Old Dogs Teaching New Tricks. Vandergriff, Donald E. // Army Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p59
The article discusses the major elements of how to develop adaptive army leaders for the future in the U.S. These elements include the Adaptive Leaders Course (ALC), the ALC program of instruction (POI) and the leader evaluation system (LES). If these elements will be combined with an effective...
- Battle Staff Course Update. High, Gil // Soldiers;Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p16
Provides information about the Battle Staff Noncommissioned Officer Course for noncommissioned officers of the United States Army. Confusion about the distance education component of the course; Phases of the course.
- PSYOP & CA Course Added to CGSC Curriculum. Wallace, Doug // Military Review;May/Jun97, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p94
Announces the addition of psychological operations (PSYOP) and civil affairs (CA) courses to the United States Army Command and General Staff College students. Enhancement of personal and professional growth; Components of Advanced Applications Program; Focus of PSYOP and CA.
- RECRUITING Distance Learning. Eskey, Michael T. // T H E Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p31
Provides information on the Electronic Army University program for U.S. soldiers. Background on the recruitment of soldiers in the country; Details of the educational incentives offered by the U.S. Army; Benefits of distance learning for soldiers.
- Correspondence courses go electronic. // Soldiers;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the availability of the United States Army Correspondence Course Program via the Internet as it becomes computerized on October 1, 1998. Comments from Marilyn Hicok, chief of the distance learning support division, Army Institute for Professional Development, Army Training Support...