The Bible as Literature
- The Bible as Literature. Neuhaus, Richard J. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May1997, Issue 73, p6
Presents a response by Richard J. Neuhaus to a letter to the editor about his article "Bible as Literature," published in the February 1997 issue of the periodical "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- 'What the Bible Really Says About Sex'. Hakes, J. Edward; Curtis, Allen; O'Rourke, J.; Julien, Mary; Ding, Mencius; Yi En, Victor Looi // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);2/28/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 9, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including Lisa Miller's review of the books about the Bible and sex written by Jennifer Wright Knust and Michael Coogan, and "Demise of the Dictators," by Fouad Ajami.
- Book reviews. Lund, Jerome A. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Winter93, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p697
Reviews the book `The Old Testament in Syriac According to the Peshitta Version, 1/2 Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and 2/1b Joshua,' edited by D.J. Lane, A.P. Hayman, W.M. van Vliet, J.H. Hospers, H.J.W. Drijvers, and J.E. Erbes.
- THE STORY. Lashof, Carol S. // Kenyon Review;Summer80, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Presents the play 'The Story.'
- Stories of faith for younger readers. Klein, Patricia // Publishers Weekly;10/9/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 41, p44
Reports on the availability of Bible story books for children. Characteristics of the Bible story books of Concordia Publishing House; Lush paintings of the picture story books from Holiday House; Use of Grabianski art of Millbrook Press; Availability of children's editions in all major...
- Black Bible. McDonald, Tyrone // Modern Haiku;Summer2015, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p66
An untitled poem by Tyrone McDonald is presented. First Line: Black Bible; Last Line: in gravity.
- Book reviews. Pfordresher, John // Theological Studies;Mar95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p165
Reviews the book `A History of the Bible as Literature 2: From 1700 to the Present Day,' by David Norton.
- Reviews. Wall, John N. // Theological Studies;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p573
Reviews the book `A History of the Bible As Literature 1: From Antiquity to 1700,' by David Norton.
- Bible times. Higgs, Jessica // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p46
Reviews a selection of book titles that introduce young readers to Bible literature. Includes `And God Created Squash: How the World Began,' by M. Whitmore Hickman; `The Beasts of Bethlehem,' by X.J. Kennedy; `The Book of Creation,' by P.M. Baude; `Children's Bible Stories: From Genesis to...