Spirituality or Self-Absorption?
- I REMEMBER MERTON. Emerson, Brian // Commonweal;4/8/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p4
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Merton: Persona Non Grata," published in the March 11, 2005 issue.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Sullivan, Dorothea F.; Ernst, Lawrence J.; Kelly, Catherine; Harnett, Judy // America;3/14/1953, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p664
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including about group dynamics, about Thomas Merton by Joseph Landy, and about the educational facilities provided through the medium of television.
- Correspondence. Morgan, Thomas B.; Conti, Richard; Gillmor, Donald M.; Mott, Michael; Cohen, Henry; Carter, Russel D. // New Republic;6/9/79, Vol. 180 Issue 23, p3
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics in previous issues. History of the periodical "Esquire"; Claim that the United States lack the will to stop the entry of illegal aliens from Mexico; Author Michael Kinsley's article on journalists' privilege; Author Francie du...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Selinka, Nicholas M.; Hyslop, Thomas B.; Backman, Elizabeth; Rowe, Carol; Godfrey, William P.; Sullivan, G. Patricia; Jozwick, Edwina; Cleary, Doris; Newton, Eileen // America;3/28/1953, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p720
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The meaning of Thomas Merton," by Joseph Landy in the February 21, 1953 issue, "Readers' responsibilities toward editors," in the February 21, 1953 issue and "Catholic views on our immigration law,"...
- LETTERS. Smith, Robert D.; Gibson, P. L.; Holt, R. F.; Maley, William; Robertson, Jack; Colebatch, G. P.; Darymple, Rawdon; Walker, Tas // Quadrant Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p5
Presents letters to the editor referencing topics and articles discussed in previous issues. Comment on an article on author Thomas Merton; Reaction to the motion picture "Fahrenheit 9/11"; Attitude toward the media.
- Thoughts of a prophet. // Christian Century;10/9/85, Vol. 102 Issue 29, p894
Thomas Merton, a Trappist monk and a prophet of our age, lived a quest for peace. His writings can help us confront the enduring questions regarding peace and our identity that are raised by the events of four decades ago--Hiroshima and Buchenwald. In his writings lurk the figure of Adolf...
- Thomas Merton and Judaism. Shannon, W.H. // America;10/6/1990, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p218
Explores Roman Catholic theologian Thomas Merton's reverence and respect for the Jewish Scriptures. How this carried over into a special esteem and appreciation for Jewish scholars and writers; Examples of his correspondence with rabbis and Jewish scholars; How he viewed the Holocaust;...
- Thomas Merton: Twenty-five years after. Rausch, Thomas P. // America;1/1/1994, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p6
Deals with Thomas Merton and his writings. Autobiographical `The Seven Storey Mountain'; `Seeds of Contemplation'; Merton's social activism; Concern for social justice; Work with the poor in Harlem; Early writings; Writings about peace and nuclear war; Merton as unofficial chaplain to the peace...
- Whatever may be of interest. Daggy, R. // America;10/22/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p288
Reports on the development of collections of Thomas Merton's works. Merton's attitudes about collections; Merton Center at Bellarmine College; Scholarly inquiry into works. INSET: Annotated bibliography of recent publications by and about....