Smoke and Substance
- Does Organized Satanism Exist in the United States? Sophie, Joan // Humanist;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about the existence of satanism in the United States.
- Does Organized Satanism Exist in the United States? Alexander, David // Humanist;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p4
Presents the editor's response to a letter about the existence of satanism in the United States.
- Smoke and Substance. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar1998, Issue 81, p7
Presents a response by Joop Koopman to a letter to the editor about his article on the review of the book "The smoke of Satan: Conservative and Traditionalist Dissent in Contemporary American Catholicism," in the December 1997 issue.
- LETTERS. Quiring, Robert; Hutchens, S. M.; Conrad, Arnold; Tate, John; Peterson, Dan; Russo, Barbara M. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "Picture Imperfect" in the May 2009 issue, "Truths in Fiction" in May 2009 and "the War on Error, The Business of Confronting heresy" in the May 2009 issue.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. McGrue, D. M.; Devero, Aubrey; Green, Patrice E.; Sanders, Dorothy E.; Carlisle III, John; McKinnon, JoAnn; Carr, Carolyn; Broyles, Willie Marie; Snead, Jackie; Crunkleton, Roxann; Ali, Abdul Rahman; Salaam, Elaine; Juhan, Deborah Hampton; Kemp, Lorraine; Wright, James W.; Blosser, Damaris H.; Thompson, M.; Moore, Evelyn K.; Schrock, Mary E.; Huts, Leon // Ebony;Sep1976, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "Welcome Home, Curtis," "Voodoo, Astrology, Satanism, Spirits? Americans of All Races Swear By Them," and "The Bicentennial Blues."
- `Christian' Zambia announces hunt for Satanists. // Church & State;Sep97, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p22
Reports that Reverend Peter Chintala, the deputy minister of religious affairs in President Frederick Chiluba's regime in Zambia and a Protestant pastor, had requested that church leaders in Africa identify religious groups that participate in Satanism so they can be banned. Reasons for this...
- Satanic cults' ritual abuse of children: Horror or hoax? Victor, Jeffrey S. // USA Today Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 122 Issue 2582, p58
Discusses the validity of satanic ritual abuse (SRA) claims. Number of SRA testimonials; Conflicting explanations of SRA testimonials; Psychotherapy sessions with patients whose recovered `repressed memories' constitute eyewitness accounts; Concept of repressed memory as a matter of dispute...
- Sliced up for Satan? McDowell, Jim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/7/94, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p32
Looks into the increase of the bodies of half-cats on Vancouver's west side, which may be attributable to a Satanic cult's ritual. How Pearl Perehudoff found the back half of her cat Kobi; Numbers of half-cats found in 1992 and 1993; Belief that Satanic cults are using pets in ritual killings;...
- Egypt's police see Satan in teens' western ways. Gauch, Sarah // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 52, p5
Comments on the arrest of 78 young people arrested on suspicion of devil worship in Egypt. Western culture being taken to Egypt by various forms of technology; Charges against the youths; Comments from Chief Prosecutor Hisham Saraya.