Thanks for the Memories
- The Year of Catholic Education â€“ some observations and concerns. Whittle, Sean // Pastoral Review;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p36
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the articles "The Year of Catholic Education," by Malcolm McMahon in the January-February 2011 issue, and "What is the educational mission of the Catholic Church?," by Bernard Stuart in the May-June 2011 issue.
- On Uses of Public Funds In Church-Related Schools. Maddox, Robert L. // Education Week;3/7/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Chapter 1 Ruling Means Sacrificing Young Minds," in the February 7, 1990 issue.
- State of the Question. CAVANAUGH, JOHN J.; MASS, BOB; BURNS, J. FARLEY; BUCHANAN, H. D. // America;2/1/1958, Vol. 98 Issue 17, p512
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to an editorial in the January 11, 1958 issue about the shortcomings of U.S. Catholic education, according to Reverend John J. Cavanaugh.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Kappes, William E.; Cahill, Thomas J.; Smelser, Marshall; Sussman, Irving // America;10/24/1964, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p468
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including Alice Ogle's "San Francisco's Peacemakers" in the September 5, 1964 issue, Messrs. Callahan's and Clifford's "Catholics in Higher Education" in the September 19, 1964 issue, and Taylor Caldwell's...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. STIER, ROBERT; BRICKL, FRANK; MARGUERITE, JOHN; MORTARELLI, E. A.; ALPY, PAT; MC CARTHY, VINCENT A.; GAILOR, GARY; LAUER, ROSEMARY; BROCKWAY, GEORGE M.; ROCK, AUGUSTINE // America;5/20/1967, Vol. 116 Issue 20, p740
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an editorial "Dairy Farmers Protest" in the April 8, 1967 issue, an article "I Never Saw a Purple Nun," by P. J. Laux in the March 25, 1967 issue and the article "Seminary Education" in the April 8,...
- LETTERS. McKenzie, Leo J.; Logal, Nelson W. // America;4/16/1977, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p345
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Catholic Schools and Unions" and "The Church and the Cherry Orchard," published in the March 26, 1977 issue.
- LETTERS. // America;10/4/2010, Vol. 203 Issue 8, p41
Several letters to the editors are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "How Will They Know?," by John F. Kavanaugh in the September 20, 2010 issue, "The Catholic Schools We Need," by Archbishop Timothy Dolan in the September 13, 2010 issue, and "Liberating...
- CORRESPONDENCE. MCNAMARA, H. J. A.; SEBASTIAN, MARTIN; MCGUIRE, OWEN B.; G. M.; W. E. B.; FINNEGAN, D. F. X.; MEYER, P. DR.; V. G. D. // America;10/24/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p65
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by Benedict Fitzpatrick on modern book critics in the September 19, 1936 issue, another on the need for a Catholic party in the U.S., and the significance of the appreciation of Catholic schools...
- LETTERS. LOURDES, K. J.; DANNER, PETER L.; CALIRI, FORTUNA; MURPHY, EDWARD L.; MCCABE, JOHN H.; HARAN, JOHN P. // America;5/22/1971, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p526
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including a letter on donations to the Jesuits, published in the April 24, 1971 issue, "The Devil and Catholic Education," by Professor Donald Erickson in the April 10, 1971 issue and "The Priesthood and Papal...