History and Truth
- History and Truth. R. J. N. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1998, Issue 80, p8
Presents a response by Richard John Neuhaus to a letter to the editor about his article "While We're At It," in the November 1997 issue.
- Knowing the Truth. Newland, James // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2009, Issue 191, p12
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the "While We're At It" feature by Richard John Neuhaus in the December 2008 issue.
- Communications. MANZ, WILLIAM E.; McGARVEY, JAMES B. // America;7/12/1930, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p338
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Catholic College Man and His Debts," by Thomas Turner which appeared in the June 14, 1930 issue, and another on the propagation of Catholic Truth.
- LETTERS. Schoettly, Mary Ann M.; McFarland, Mike; Rea, Amadeo M.; Scanlon, Charles; Batterton, Jim; Leverone, Richard; Haller, Terry; Harty, Kevin D.; McCrea, Jim // National Catholic Reporter;4/18/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the March 21, 2008 issue, including the implications of wrong language use in baptism for the legality of the rite, the article by Christa Pongratz-Lippit on true theology, and a comment by a Catholic grade school concerning...
- Correspondence. // America;1/26/1957, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p465
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issue including "Censorship," by Reverend John Courtney Murray in the November 3, 1956 issue, the comic strip "Orphan Annie," in the December 8, 1956 issue, and "The Yardstick," by George G. Higgin in the January 5,...
- The Solemn Utterance of Truth. // Middle Way;May2006, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p39
An excerpt from "The World of Buddha" that deals with the declaration of truth as a source of magical power, is presented.
- The call of philosophy... Hayes, Paul // Christian Century;1/21/2015, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A restless search for truth" in the December 24, 2014 issue.
- The Devil is a Bully. Washington, James // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);9/2/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p10
The article reflects on the challenges faced by human in the path of truth such as difficulties in the form of people, things and situations, and offers information on how to overcome these challenges by deducting misguided goals, false conclusions, and unjustified rationalizations.
- Preface. Bloom, Harold // Ruin the Sacred Truths: Poetry & Belief from the Bible to the Pr;1987, preceding p1
A preface for the September 1987 issue of "Ruin the Sacred Truths: Poetry and Belief From the Bible to the Present," by Harold Bloom is presented.