A Catholic Rush to Judgment?
- BEYOND THE TRADITIONAL SCOPE-OF-EMPLOYMENT ANALYSIS IN THE CLERGY SEXUAL ABUSE CONTEXT. Weinhold, Jennifer K. // University of Louisville Law Review;Spring2009, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p531
The article focuses on the issue and context of clergy sexual abuse. Several theories are mentioned seeking to explain the connection between child abuse and church. It is mentioned that religious institutions provide little oversight from outside authority which translates into immense power,...
- Let the Children Come. Ference, Damian J. // America;10/17/2005, Vol. 193 Issue 11, p8
Comments on the neglect of the younger generations of Catholics by priests. Sins of omission and abuse by neglect among priests; Roles of priests in the lives of children and youth; Impact of the child sexual abuse by clergy scandal on priests.
- THE ROYAL COMMISSION. WILLIAM WRIGHT, BISHOP // Compass (10369686);Autumn2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses the impact of the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse on the Catholic Church in Australia. The Commission aims to investigate whether the Church has attempted to cover up allegations of sex abuse committed in the past. It also gives an opportunity for victims to have...
- Cardinal Pell, his lawyers and the Royal Commission. Brennan, Frank // Eureka Street;11/22/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p57
The article offers information on the recommencement of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse on the Catholic Church in Ballarat, Victoria, and mentions that victims of child sexual abuse look set to be grilled by lawyers for Cardinal George Pell.
- Understanding and Ministering to the Sexually Abused. Gomes, Christine // Journal of Spiritual Formation & Soul Care;Spring2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p164
The article reviews the book "The Long Journey Home: Understanding and Ministering to the Sexually Abused," edited by Andrew J. Schmutzer.
- Irish report faults Cloyne diocese. Kelly, Michael // National Catholic Reporter;7/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the issues regarding the role of the Irish Catholic sector in child protection. The author states that the Irish Catholic Church is facing problems regarding the mishandling of child sexual abuse cases, following the incident with Bishop John Magee of the Cloyne diocese....
- Las nuevas normas sobre los Â«delicta gravioraÂ». CITO, Davide // Ius Canonicum;2010, Vol. 50 Issue 100, p643
The article analyzes the "Normae de gravioribus delictis," a body of norms that represents changes to the motu proprio "Sacramentorum Sanctitatis tutela" governing the authority of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of the Holy See to judge crimes against the Catholic faith. It...
- Bishops Asked to Consult Widely on Abuse Policies. // America;10/25/2004, Vol. 191 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that Catholic Church bishops in the United States are being asked to discuss possible revisions of policies adopted to prevent sexual abuse of children. U.S. bishops are being asked to conduct wide-ranging consultations in their dioceses on possible revisions of policies...
- The Bad Shepherd. Miller, Lisa; Dickey, Christopher; Stone, Daniel // Newsweek;4/5/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p38
The article focuses on Pope Benedict XVI, formerly known as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger. Particular attention is given to his response to the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests. The author also focuses on examples relating to Ratzinger's failure to respond favorably with the majority of...