Discrimination, Rightly Understood
- Letters. // Missoula Independent;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Diversity and respect," in the April 15, 2010 issue, "Happy Earth Day," in the April 22, 2010, and one regarding the celebration of peace and motherhood for the Mother's Day.
- COMMUNICATIONS. Reilly, Robert J.; Christopher, J. P.; Chester, Emma S.; B. M. C. // America;6/21/1919, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p280
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Windows Alight in Connaught," by Frank P. Walsh in the June 7, 1919 issue, "Whitemaniacs and Foofoos" in the June 1919 issue, and a letter about the Catholic Church and the freedom of Ireland.
- N. Ireland's minority beats back a stereotype. Gurdon, Meghan Cox // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/96, Vol. 88 Issue 84, p1
Focuses on the prosperity of the Catholics after their long history of discrimination with the Protestant communities. Atmosphere between the Catholics and Protestant communities; What is the Protestant oppression of the Catholics; Comments from Richard Breen, a sociologist at Queen's University...
- Are minority churches targets for discrimination? Dixon, Thomas // Christianity Today;07/14/97, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p74
Show the discrimination of Christian minority Churches in Europe. Reasons for suspending Christa Raab, Austrian teacher, from her classroom; Comments of the Belgian Parliamentary Commission against religious groups; Religion supplement submitted by the European Union for churches.
- Flo-Jo knows! Joyner, Florence Griffi // Marriage Partnership;Spring97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the need for people to obey God's word to exert efforts in getting along with other races. Racial differences of all people; Great number of non-believers in God as proven by the O.J. Simpson trial.
- Separate vacations. James, Kay Coles // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p18
Relates an anecdote from a black member of a woman's Bible study group. Trip to Myrtle Beach as highlight of the year; Non-inviting of Kay Coles James and family; Reasons given by the other members of the Bible study for James' non-invitation; James' views on the matter.
- We have nothing to show the world. Sanders, Cheryl J. // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p23
Deals with the moral ineffectiveness of the evangelical churches on the issue of racism. Causes; American churches as strongholds of resistance to the principle of justice and equality; Need for evangelists to practice what they preach; Need for Christian models.
- Whites are not taken seriously. Pannell, William // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p23
Deals with the issue of racism in America. Avoiding a racial `war'; Repentance of racism by white evangelicals; Black evangelicals' perceptions of their white counterparts.
- We will be held accountable. Evans, Tony // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Discusses the accountability of Christians to the church's efforts on racial reconciliation. Concept of unity; Message of Matthew 12:50; Racial discrimination.