- LETTERS. Cassel, Jay; Bowman, Dennis // Fab;11/25/2009, Issue 386, p6
Two letters to the editor are presented including one in response to the article "Incest is Best?" in the 384th issue and another commenting on the interactions of gays among themselves in Toronto, Ontario.
- Feminist View of Incest. Coleman, Patty // Social Work;Mar/Apr83, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p173
Presents a letter to the editor related to the book "Father-Daughter Incest," written by Judith Herman, reviewed by Jeanne M. Glovannont.
- LETTERS. Ragle, Gregory; Wilson, Patricia // Fab;10/28/2009, Issue 384, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Toronto's Beverly Hills Bitches," by Sajan Sharma, "Who needs those bitches?" by Stephen Soucy, and "Together."
- Incestuous myths. Talley-Jones, Kathy // Psychology Today;Jan86, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented including one in response to the article related to the review of James Twitchell's book "Dreadful Pleasures," by Joshua Fischman, in the October 1985 issue and another in which Fischman responds.
- Letters. Moore, James E.; Cohen, Tamar; McQuaker, Bruce C.; Specht, Riva; Silver, Mae; Selan, Bella H. // Social Work;Mar82, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p202
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in the previous issues of the journal. Comments on the philosophical underpinnings of the feminist movement; Discussion on the role of mothers in father-daughter incest; Reference to the alignment of social workers and...
- LETTERS. Sheldon, Martin; Veliyathil, Paul; Schuch, William J.; Billups, Christie; Holasek, M.; Fitzpatrick, Kevin; Cuddihee Sr., Donald; Boudrea, Larry // National Catholic Reporter;2/6/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Stale Polemics" in the January 9, 2009 issue, an article the moral implication of gay unions and marriages among siblings in the January 9, 2009 issue, and "The Grace of Living on the Margins," by...
- The molested. May, W.F. // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun91, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
Illustrates the scope and impact of incest using general statistics and specific cases. Concentrates on the abuse of girls by fathers and step-fathers; The human troubles and behavioral disturbances brought about by incest; Emphasis of secrecy, guilt and shame; Incest as a tabu; Betrayal and...
- Treat adult incest victims with understanding, education. Courtois, C.A. // Addiction Letter;Feb1992, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p4
Discusses the need of treatment for adult victims of incest. Children in addictive family systems; Psychological mechanisms of shame and denial; The vulnerability to relapse; Unique treatment aspects; Stabilizing the situation; Must be undertaken in a paced way.
- My secret shame. Gilley, Janet; Scotti, Anna // Redbook;Feb94, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p104
Describes the trauma of having contact with a sibling in childhood. First sexual encounter of Janet Gilley with her elder brother David at the age of 10; Effect of the childhood sibling abuse on Gilley; Healing of guilt and shame; Confidence of creating a place of safety, warmth and love. ...