The Virtue of Values
- Value Judgments. Lover, Rodney // Fast Company;Sep2004, Issue 86, p28
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "We, Incorporated," by Douglas Smith, on the July 2004 issue of "Fast Company."
- Mesh values or censor? Rabinowitz, Celia // Library Journal;12/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p13
A letter to the editor is presented which refers to Dan Kleinman's article "Expression hypocrisy," which is in the October 1, 2011 issue of this journal, and comments on values.
- LETTERS. Mallon, Vincent T.; Royce, James E.; Boldrick, Samuel J.; Tetlow, L. Mulry; Wilkinson, Gertrude; Gauthax, Emil // America;12/5/1970, Vol. 123 Issue 18, p475
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Where is the Catholic School System Heading?," by Fr. C. Albert Koob in the September 19, 1970 issue, "Public School Turnovers in the South," by Jerry DeMuth in the November 7, 1970 issue, and...
- CORRESPONDENCE. DiGioia, Sarah Mary; McCullough, Dan H.; Stanmeyer, William A.; O'Brien, John A.; Munro, Virginia; Boylan, Magda; Chamberlain, Lawrence C.; Moore, Philip S.; Jones, W. P.; Parkinson, John W.; Abbott, Walter M.; Grabowski, Stanley M.; Whalen, James E.; Leavy, Doris; Ragsdale, Marion; Schmandt, Raymond H.; Moira; Silver, Samuel M. // America;9/28/1963, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p333
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Father O'Brien's Article" in the September 7, 1963 issue, "Civil Rights in the Church" in the September 14 issue, and "Activators Needed" in the September 7 issue.
- We need the values debate. Berry III, John N. // Library Journal;6/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p6
Editorial. Presents the author's opinions on the essay `When Values Conflict,' by Anne Symons and Carla Stoffle from the May issue of `American Libraries.' His agreements and disagreements with the article.
- My family values. Stein, Benjamin J. // American Enterprise;May/Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p55
Describes the author's concept of family values in the United States. Investment in quality time; Current subjects he is no longer interested; Ensuring the son has good handwriting; Allowing him to learn risky sports without hurting himself; Description of the author's wife; Opportunity costs...
- Eager to Speak Out. Jackson, Shirley Ann // Highlights;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p31
Presents an article describing the value of listening to others.
- Essential values. Cameron, Ben // American Theatre;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
Discusses the need for theaters to identify essential their values and uphold them. Roles of theaters in the economic and social improvement of communities; Values learned by theater artists from the theater life; Elements of effective advocacy; Economic role of arts.
- Valuable LESSONS. Gwynn-Jones, Bronwen // Australian Parents;Oct/Nov2000, p34
Presents tips on teaching values to children. How to teach children to care for others; Approach to teaching the value of consideration; Opportunities for teaching kindness to children.
- The American Century. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/18/99, Vol. 181 Issue 20, p6
Criticizes the conventional views of the United States (US) pertaining to blind adherence to power and wealth in the light of Christian values. National obsession in the US; Conditions that should serve to quell the impulse to immortalize the US; Disposition of the US.