Tillich and Liberalism
- Tillich and Liberalism. Stackhouse, Max // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p7
Presents a response by Max Stackhouse to a letter to the editor about his article "Humanism After Tillich," in the April 1997 issue.
- CORRESPONDENCE. // New Republic;7/11/28, Vol. 55 Issue 710, p201
Presents a letter to the editor of July 1928 issue of the periodical "The New Republic" concerning liberalism and religion in the U.S.
- LETTERS. Fisk, Jonathan; Smith, Timothy; Hodge, Rosamund; Jorgenson, Tim; Sneed, Jamilyn; Tackett, Andrea L. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Church Fugitives," in the January and February 2010 issues, "The Audacity of the State," in the January and February 2010 issues and the "Novel Ideas," in the November and December 2009 issues.
- Liberal, nevertheless. Wall, James M. // Christian Century;1/31/96, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p99
Presents information from an essay written by Roger Rosenblatt on being liberal. Reason liberalism lost its appeal; Victories won by liberals; Which rule the Democratic Party using in the election of its 1996 convention delegates.
- Back to the Bible (almost). Olson, Roger E. // Christianity Today;5/20/96, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p31
Opinion. Focuses on postliberal theology. Difference with liberal theology; Overabundance of new theologies in the United States; Postliberal theology's commitment to the authority of the Scripture; Background on the creation of postliberal theology; Truth of stories in the Bible; Similarities...
- A liberal Catholic taxonomy. Carlin Jr., David R. // Commonweal;9/22/95, Vol. 122 Issue 16, p8
Investigates the compatibility of liberalism and Catholicism to develop a liberal/Catholic taxonomy. Aspect of the Catholic liberals (CL); Aspect of the Liberal Catholics (LC); Catholic liberals of pure type; Catholic liberals of qualified type; Liberal Catholics of the piggyback type; Liberal...
- Relevant morality. Fosdick, Harry Emerson // Christian History;1997, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p35
Presents an excerpt from the essay `What Christian Liberals Are Driving At.'
- We have met the enemy, and he is us: Reflections on liberal anxieties about fundamentalism. Fisher, David H. // Anglican Theological Review;Winter91, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the argument between liberalism and fundamentalism which is seen as an argument over whether or not to accept limitations of theological claims imposed by modernity. Family resemblance between liberalism and fundamentalism; Ownership of Israelite tradition; Debate over Christian...
- Discussion: Forcing the free to be correctly free. Goerner, E.A. // Review of Politics;Winter96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p35
Discusses liberalism in the religious context. Comments on Eamonn Callan's article, `Political Liberalism and Political Education'; Divine right of reason of religious vanguards; Demonization of opposition; Revolutionary struggle to reduce diversity in favor of rationalistic neatness.