Bad History, Bad Logic
- It's fiction, right? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/27/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p3A
The author reflects on his experience of watching the motion picture "Inherit the Wind."
- Quick Fixes. Korman, Ken // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p116
Reviews the motion picture 'Inherit the Wind,' released in DVD format.
- Creationism in the United States. Moore, Randy // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Apr99, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p246
Part VII. Summarizes the major differences between what is portrayed in the movie and plays `Inherit the Wind' and what happened in Dayton, Tennessee in 1925 at John Scopes' trial. Brief review of the play; Review of the movie version; How the `Inherit the Wind' differs from events at the...
- Inherit The Myth? Benen, Steve // Church & State;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the inaccuracies in the film `Inherit the Wind,' a movie depicting the 1925 trial of schoolteacher John Scopes for teaching evolution in public schools. Popularity of the trial; Creation of dialogue and changing of events and names of people; Publicity garnered by the trial.
- At the movies. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p23
The article offers information on the motion pictures that the Darien Library offers in Connecticut in March 2011 including "Inherit the Wind," "Small Island" and "King Lear."
- The Week: Video. Campbell, Caren Weiner; Richter, Erin // Entertainment Weekly;12/03/99, Issue 515, p106
Reviews films released on videotape. `Inherit the Wind'; `Broken Vessels'; `Simon Sez'; `Vivid'; `The Day of the Beast.'
- REAL TO REEL. FARRANTELLO, NICK // Humanist;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p12
The article reviews ten classic Humanist films, including "Inherit The Wind," starring Spencer Tracy and Fredic March, "Chocolat," starring Juliette Binoche and Alfred Molina, and "American Beauty," starring Kevin Spacey and Wes Bentley.
- HISTORICAL TRUTH AND FILM. Riley, Karen L.; Brown, Jennifer A.; Braswell, Ray // American Educational History Journal;Fall2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p263
The article presents an analysis of the trial of teacher John Scopes based upon the film "Inherit the Wind," ad how it helped to shape the public's perception of teachers in the U.S. The media distortions of "Inherit the Wind" are discussed. It is stated that the Scopes Monkey Trial as portrayed...
- THE BROADWAY AREA. // New Yorker;10/29/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p16
The article presents a list of films shown more than routine interest in Broadway, New York. The list includes "Inherit the Wind," staring Spencer Tracy and Fredric March, "Hell to Eternity," by Jeffrey Hunter, "Surprise Package," by Yul Brynner and Mitzi Gaynor, "I Aim at the Stars," by Curt...