On White Teutonic Racism
- Defending the Black Church. Durham, Maureen // Crisis (15591573);Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Looking for the Church I Once Knew," by John W. Fountain in the September/October 2005 issue.
- On White Teutonic Racism. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1997, Issue 72, p10
Presents a response by Richard John Neuhaus to a letter to the editor about his article on the burnings of African American churches.
- Communications. MAYNARD, THEODORE; SARGENT, DANIEL; BELISLE, BEATRICE A.; HYACINTHA, M.; GILLARD, JOHN T.; AYD, JOSEPH J. // America;3/10/1934, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p552
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Poor Lady More," by Theodore Maynard in the January 27, 1934 issue, comments made by Father Lambert Schrott on "First Negro Parish in the United States" in the January 27, 1934 issue and...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. BAILEY, JOANNE BRIDGES; MALAHOWSKI, ROY; MUFASSIR, SULAYMAN SHAHID; CLEAVER, CLAUDETTE; KEITH, SR., ARNOLD P.; SHARPER, JOHN; POWER, MARY C.; RICHARD, LYNN; FINKE, OLKA; McALLISTER, ANN; WILLIAMS, FRANKLIN H.; WIENKE, BILL; LEWIS, ANN; BRAXTON, DIANE; JAMES, EDDIE; THOMPSON, II, ERNEST P.; WELLS, JOHN; REARDON, HARRIMAN A.; MONTCOMERY, BARBARA; McGEF, MELVIN E. // Ebony;Oct1970, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Black Church," "Which Way Black America?," and "That Black Man- White Woman Thing," in the August, 1970 issue.
- Letters. Wright, Sharon; Blevins II, Clifton D.; Fulbright, Michelle D.; Williams-Utendahl, Michelle L.; Johnson, Quila; McGill, Lisa // Black Enterprise;Sep2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Business of Faith," in the May 2006 issue, a discussion on the new era in African American church, and "Can Young Black Men Be Saved?" by Matthew S. Scott in the June 2006 issue.
- Letters. Jones Jefferson, Emily Grace; Redmond, Eric C.; Harvey Jr., George; Stolirchick Jr., Leonard // Crisis (15591573);Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p3
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the July/August 2006 issue including an article written by William E. Spriggs in the "Issues & Views" section and "Where Do We Go From Here?."
- Pentecostals dress like Catholic bishops. // National Catholic Reporter;2/24/95, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p3
Reports on a movement within the African-American church known as High-Church Pentecostalism. Difference from traditional black churches; Style of worship; Wearing of dress reminiscent of Roman Catholic bishops; Belief in the Bible and Baptism.
- Arsonists prey upon Black churches. // Christianity Today;4/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p92
Reports that churches of 12 predominantly African-American congregations in the South have burned in suspected incidents of arson since December 1995. Individuals with racist motivations as suspects; Participation of the United States Department of Justice into the fires probe.
- Churches rebuild after burnings. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 141, p1
Focuses on the collaboration of people of all colors in rebuilding burned down Afro-American churches in Alabama. Pilgrimage of volunteers from as far as Canada to help in the rebuilding; Little Zion Baptist in Bogligee; Mount Zion Baptist Church; Speculations on the identity of the arsonists.