- Cranky Critique. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May1996, Issue 63, p10
Presents a response by Richard John Neuhaus to a letter to the editor about his article "While We're At It," published in the January 1996 issue of the "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- Lay Off the Jesuits. Rodeheffer, Richard J. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jan1995, Issue 49, p7
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article about the Society of Jesus, published in the May and June/July 1994 issues of the "First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life."
- CORRESPONDENCE. S. R.; McDONNELL, THOMAS J.; FINNERTY, JAMES B.; CROWLEY, JOHN J.; BURDETT, NORMAN S.; J. L. F.; DOWNEY, F. X. // America;11/14/1936, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p137
Several letters to the editor are presented on various issues including the Leper Fund appeal of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith from Reverend Thomas J. McDonnell of New York, on the injustice committed by the United States against its Catholic citizens who they force to help in the...
- COMMUNICATIONS. West, Stuart P.; Williams, Michael; J. A. W.; J. M.; Fenton, Jules; J. A.; Marshall, Thomas F.; Shortall, Robert E. // America;3/2/1918, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p521
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an issue from Saturday Evening Post by Austin O'Malley, "Some Irish, Old and New," and an issue about St. Vincent de Paul Society by V. T. A.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. S. L. M.; A. B. C. // America;5/29/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p194
Two letters to the editor are presented including one about a resolution adopted at a meeting of Saint Anthony's School Society which was introduced at the meeting of the Catholic Union of Missouri held in Saint Louis, to the effect that each congregation should form a school society for the...
- COMMUNICATIONS. MARKOE, WILLIAM F.; M. P. H.; ANGELL, ERNEST // America;1/28/1922, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p348
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Advertising Catholicism: The Results" in the December 31, 1921 issue, about the Leopoldine Society of Vienna in Austria and "The Senate Committee in Haiti," by William B. McCormick in the January 7,...
- COMMUNICATIONS. STANTON, W. J.; DUNNEY, JOSEPH A.; STYLES, JOHN M.; BAKEWELL, PAUL; LATIMER, LOUISE P.; FULLERTON, ANDREW C. // America;12/22/1917, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p264
Several letters to the editor are presented related to keeping New York's theaters from becoming Augean stables of moral filth, Catholic clubs in State Institutions of learning, and the educational value of art lectures.
- Communications. FARLEY, CATHERINE R.; REYNOLDS, M. FRANCES; QUINN, WILLIAM; LOVETT, J. E.; DESMOND, JAMES F.; R. B.; E. P. S. // America;1/1/1927, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p293
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article by Mary Gordon about her trust in God, a letter about the annual Christmas appeal of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith for the lepers and another one denouncing Catholics in the...
- Correspondence. BRODRICK, JAMES; LUCEY, WM. L.; EASTERLIN, BEECHER; RECKTENWALD, CHARLES L.; JOESTEN, BERTHA M. // America;3/5/1949, Vol. 80 Issue 22, following p612
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the suggestion of Reverend Thomas O'Brien in the February 12, 1949 issue that British people derive their views of the U.S. from Hollywood films, "Christian brotherhood in Mary's motherhood," by...