Plato and Nussbaum
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // Poetry;Sep2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p489
A response by David Orr to a letter to the editor on his criticism to the book of poet Eleanor Wilner.
- Letters to the Editor. // Books in Canada;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p40
The article presents a letter to the editor which examines the literary structure of poems written by Canadian poet Diana Brebner.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. TARY, JOHN // Poetry;Jun2012, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p292
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Technique's Marginal Centrality" by Clive James in the January 2012 issue.
- Correspondence. B.P.; Daiches, David; Radin, Max; E.S.C. // New Republic;8/18/41, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p223
Presents several letters to the editor referencing to various articles and topics discussed in previous issues of the periodical. Time for the U.S. to declare War on the Axis; Comments on the article "Contemporary Poetry Criticism," published in the July 21, 1941 issue of the periodical;...
- Verhaeren's Early Poems. Hunt, Edward Eyre // New Republic;2/3/17, Vol. 10 Issue 118, p20
Presents a letter to the editor in response to Paul Rosenfeld's criticism of the poems written by Emile Verhaeren.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Colton, Arthur W.; Bynner, Witter; George, Ruth; Byrns Jr., Joseph W.; Thomas, Elisabeth // New Republic;4/22/25, Vol. 42 Issue 542, p239
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Babylonian Revels," in the February 28, 1925 issue, "Notes on Modern Literature III," by Edmund Wilson, and a letter regarding criticisms on a poem titled "Lot's Daughter."
- Banananananana. Norris, Kathleen // Christian Century;04/22/98, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p450
Discusses issues on the evaluation of poetry. Paradox of poetry; Indicator of inferior poetry; Characteristics of poetry.
- The rise of modern doggerel. Hinsey, Ellen // New England Review (10531297);Spring98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p138
Presents a critique of poetry using to the term `modern doggerel.' Reference to the poem `The Tendril's Fate,' by Ella Wheeler; Indication that the majority of modern poetry is written in `free verse'; Examination ofwriting styles of poetry during the 1990s.
- Anecdotes of a jar: The dominion of spatial tropes inrecent criticism of lyric. Jeffreys, Mark // Criticism;Winter98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p55
Examines the spatial paradigm for lyric, noted in poetry scholarship and criticism during the first half of the 1990s. Determinants of lyric's material dimensions; Factors contributing to spatializing discourse; Contemporary critics' definition of lyric; Analysis of lyric found in poetry.