- God And Public Discourse. Wennerstrom, Steven // Church & State;May2004, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p22
Presents a letter to the editor about the use of the words "under God," in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- God And Public Discourse. // Church & State;May2004, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p22
Responds to a letter to the editor about the use of the words "under God," in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Correspondence. Lulves, John F.; Mukits, Alphonse; Meenan, Daniel F. X.; MacQueeney, Vincent P.; Horn Jr., Raymond F.; Coyle, Auguste D.; Kucinski, Raymond S.; Osborn, Chase S. // America;7/8/1961, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p495
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to articles in previous issues including the Catholic ideas of social justice, God's great love for people, and Christianity.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Leonard, Irene; Lavanoux, Maurice; Thayer, Carl; Streator, George // America;10/19/1940, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p45
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Law is Passed,"and "Our Firmest Bulwark."
- LETTERS. Morrissey, Robert B.; Geraty, Janet; Clancy, Thomas H.; Toohey, William; Gorman, Jerome D. // America;3/1/1980, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p157
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Alcohol Fuels: Ford vs. Rockefeller," by Robert J. Henle in the January 26, 1980 issue, "Parish Social Ministry: A Sign of Hope," by John McCarthy in the January 19, 1980 issue, and an editorial in...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Smothers, Edgar R.; Fenelon, M. J.; Allen, Louis L.; Bauer, Carl F.; Barrett, Charles A. // America;11/16/1940, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p157
Several responses to the letter to the editor about various articles published in the previous issues are presented including "Colored and White Under Southern Skies," "Famine Listens in at a Conference" and one about European relief.
- IN THE BEGINNING: US BRIEFS. // National Catholic Reporter;12/10/2010, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p3
The article offers religion-related news briefs in the U.S. including the small percentage of Americans who opposed lifting the ban on gays serving in the armed forces, the move of First lady Michelle Obama to expand her Let's Move initiative to reduce childhood obesity, and the inclusion of the...
- Accommodation or endorsement? Stark v. Independent School... Huleatt, John W. // St. John's Law Review;Spring98, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p657
Focuses on the case, Stark versus Independent School District, which concerned religious establishment clause of the First Amendment. Discussion on the historical underpinnings of Establishment Clause jurisprudence; Reviews on the development of the relevant Supreme Court authority; Examination...
- The Nazarene's Lifestyle: A Social Alternative. Neill, Erin // Social Alternatives;Apr90, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
Suggests that religious guidelines have been distorted, so that faithful followers have difficulty in upholding the formal codes of law and order. Implications of the success of the Green independents in the Tasmanian elections; Argument for an ethical-social Jesus; Lessons from the holistic...