The Mind as Algorithm
- Communications. Buffa, Elwood S.; Scriabin, Michael; Vergin, Roger C. // Management Science;Sep76, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p104
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Comparison of Computer Algorithms and Visual Based Methods for Plant Layout,' by Michael Scribian and Roger C. Vergin in the October 1975 issue. A response from Scribian and Vergin is included.
- Performance of support-vector-machine-based classification on 15 systematic review topics evaluated with the WSS@95 measure. Cohen, Aaron M. // Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p104
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A new algorithm for reducing the workload of experts in performing systematic reviews," by Matwin and others in the July 2010 issue.
- Performance of SVM and Bayesian classifiers on the systematic review classification task. Matwin, Stan; Kouznetsov, Alexandre; Inkpen, Diana; Frunza, Oana; O'Blenis, Peter // Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p104
A response by Stan Matwin and others to a letter to the editor about their article "A new algorithm for reducing the workload of experts in performing systematic reviews" is presented.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. White, D. J. // Interfaces;Feb82, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p95
Presents a letter to the editor about the theoretical and computational aspects of Markov decision processes.
- Letters to the Editor. Ignizio, James P. // Operations Research;May/Jun73, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p852
This letter calls attention to the problems of validating the claim made for algorithms in published papers, and proposes a system for review that will validate such claims thoroughly before publication.
- The mean number of steps in the Euclidean algorithm with least absolute value remainders. Ustinov, A. // Mathematical Notes;Feb2009, Vol. 85 Issue 1/2, p142
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the mean number of steps in the Euclidean algorithm.
- The Mind as Algorithm. Barr, Stephen M. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1996, Issue 60, p5
Presents a response by author Stephen M. Barr to a letter to the editor about his article "The Altheism of Gaps," in the November 1995 issue.
- REJOINDER. Elmaghraby, Salah E. // Management Science;Sep71, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p87
The author responds to a letter to the editor in the same issue by Jin Y. Yen, commenting on the author's previously published article, "The Theory of Networks and Management Science," in the September 1970 issue.
- Algorithmic Lit. Proud, Robin // Bookmarks (15460657);Nov/Dec2011, Issue 55, p3
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the algorithm for recommending books.