The Purpose of Welfare Reform
- Children of the New Millennium: Big Government, the Predator State, and Stagflation. Skousen, Mark // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p115
This letter to the editor discusses the effect of welfare reform under U.S. President Bill Clinton on social conditions in the U.S.
- Good for Business. Halaby, Michael Rurik // Forbes Global;4/19/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p8
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs," which appeared in the March 15, 2004 issue dealing with welfare reform in the U.S.
- 'Our greatest sources of pride'. Schupmann, Laurie // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/5/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 36, p31
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the increased prioritization of public welfare in the U.S. after the September 11 Terrorist Attacks of 2001.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Tilton, E. H. // New Republic;8/8/28, Vol. 55 Issue 714, p308
Presents several letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Comments on public welfare in the U.S.; Support for peace, race-conservation, good health and education; Recommendation for a proper balance between rural and urban interest; Disapproval of...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Downey, Thomas J.; Chenoweth, Karin; Kaplan, Dan; Daly, James J.; Neusner, Jacob; Stiller, Howard M.; Skocpol, Theda // New Republic;10/5/87, Vol. 197 Issue 14, p6
Presents several letters to the editor in reference to articles and topics that were discussed in previous issues. "Workfare That Works," which outlined the evolving politics of welfare reform, published in the August 24, 1987 issue; "Cool Hand Duke," by Morton Kondracke, which criticized New...
- Welfare and the states. // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p20
Editorial. Offers some suggestions regarding the debate over reform of the nation's welfare system.
- Finding the way to `fix' welfare is not so simple. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p1
Reports the interaction between the Republicans and the Democrats over the issue of welfare reforms. Problems faced by the government over increasing number of teenage mothers; Implementation of welfare reforms in various states; Inability of the government to change the attitude of the...
- Welfare: Do it right. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the postponement of the welfare reform debate by the Senate and presents some thoughts on welfare reform. Republican and Democratic proposals; Problems faced by the welfare recipients in finding suitable jobs; Recommendations.
- Clinton preps for welfare reform, Act 2. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;11/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 251, p1
Presents information on United States' President Bill Clinton's plans to amend the welfare reform, Act 2. Factors that Clinton finds objectionable and what they represent; Changes that can be made to improve the law; Remarks by welfare analysts; Emphasis on job creation for welfare recipients.