- Standing or Falling? Preus, Jack // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1995, Issue 58, p9
Presents a letter to the editor about the doctrine of justification.
- Luther's doctrine. // Christian Century;6/29/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Robert Jenson's article "Reversals," from the April 20, 2010 issue, discussing the theology of Reformation leader Martin Luther.
- Letters. Stravinskas, Peter M. J.; Miller, J. Michael; Aslanian, Stanley A.; Ramstad, Philip S.; Wroblewski, Sergius; MacGregor, Charles J. // America;12/31/1983, Vol. 149 Issue 22, p440
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Pilgrim Thoughts," by John Hawley in the December 10, 1983 issue, "Lutherans and Catholics on Justification," by Kilian McDonnell in the December 3, 1983 issue, and the review of James A. Michener's...
- READERS WRITE. Ippolito, Lis; Daniels, Kevin; Soerens, Matthew; Harvey, L. James; Fackre, Gabriel; Scandrett, Karen Glasser; Morris, Roger; Van Der Breggen, Hendrik; Irwin, Teresa; Depalma, Art // Christianity Today;Aug2009, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "How Tim Keller Found Manhattan," by Tim Stafford in the June 2009 issue, "The Soul of the Border Crisis" in the June 2009 issue, and "The Justification Debate: A Primer" in the June 2009 issue.
- Epistemic disaster averted. Hetherington, Stephen // Analysis;Jul99, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p194
Shows that philosopher Charles Cross' kind of reasoning undermines an extension of the arguments made by Peter Klein and Ted Warfield, an extension which aims to establish that justification as such is not truth-conducive. Stability in the beliefs' joint portrayal of the world; Differences...
- LETTER II: MISS CLARISSA HARLOWE, TO MISS HOWE FRIDAY, AUG. 11. Harlowe, C. L. // Clarissa Harlowe; or the History of a Young Lady -- Volume 8;1/1/1902, p6
A letter to Anna Howe is presented concerning the sender's justification in choosing Belford as an executor.
- Erratum. // Foundations (0144378X);Autumn2004, Issue 52, p24
Presents a correction to the article "Justification and the Ordo Salutis," by A. T. B. McGowan, which was previously published in the periodical "Foundations."
- Regress and the doctrine of epistemic original sin. Norman, Andrew // Philosophical Quarterly;Oct97, Vol. 47 Issue 189, p477
Examines why the regress of justification is a conceptual problem. Concepts of being justified and being justified by; What needs to be done for a judgment to be justified; How to avoid a regress of justification; Assessment of the epistemological nature of justification.
- The Indulgence Controversy, Again. Root, Michael // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec2001, Issue 118, p24
Confronts the arguments against indulgences in the Roman Catholic Church. Imprecise explanation of Protestants to the doctrine of justification; Prohibition of abuses of indulgences in the Council of Trent and the reforms of the Catholic Reformation; Definition of indulgences.