A Last Word on Dionysus
- A Dionysiac Connection in an Early Rubens. Huemer, Frances // Art Bulletin;Dec79, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p562
Provides information on two paintings, Hercules and Omhale and Death of Adonis. Story depicted in the paintings; Motifs underlying the paintings; Description of the paintings; Association of the paintings with Dionysos.
- IconografÃa pagana en un tejido tardoantiguo Â¿PanÃske o mÃ©nade cazadora? USCATESCU, ALEXANDRA // Goya;oct-dic2010, Issue 333, p275
This paper analyses an intriguing iconographic motif of Dionysiac realm, found on a textile dated to the Late Antiquity (5th-7th centuries), preserved within the Romanesque Art Collection of the Muscu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (Barcelona), as well as the eventual relationship of this kind of...
- Epitaph of Dionysia. // Oxford Book of Victorian Verse;1919, p356
The poem "Epitaph of Dionysia" is presented. First Line: Here doth dionysia lie: Last Line: Loves and graces like to thee.
- CULPA Y CIVILIZACIÃ“N: UNA LECTURA AL MITO DE DIONISO Ã“RFICO Y AL MITO DE LA CAÃDA DE ADÃN. Cárdenas, Óscar Flantrmsky // Revista de FilosofÃa UIS;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p89
Guilt, one of the pillars around which our society has been established, has not always been as it is conceived today. To understand it must be necessary to look back and find in other emblematic west cultures the first foundations of this moral aspect. For that, myth provides the right tools....
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.
- MOVING FORESTS. Onokpise, Oghenekome; Onokpise, Oghenekome U. // BioScience;Dec85, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p684
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Africa Tomorrow--If We Act Today,' by Chris Elfring.