Time and Eternity
- So you need more time ? // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 64, p17
Provides a spiritual perspective to the importance of time. Comments of Mary Baker Eddy on the subject in her book `Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures'; Comments on the predominance of inspiration and determination over time.
- `Everything was falling inton place.' // Christian Science Monitor;11/1/96, Vol. 88 Issue 237, p17
Presents a religious look at how time is analysed among human beings. References to the Bible scripture `Psalms 90:4;' Reason Christ Jesus came into the world.
- Questions of times: Conflicting time scales in historical perspective. Goldberg, Sylvie Anne // Jewish History;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p267
The idea of ``Jewish'' time highlights many problems related to the conflict between Judaism and Christianity. This paper focuses on two points: the reckoning of the Jewish era and the interpretation of the notion of time in the Bible. Jewish time pulsates to a rhythm of temporal markers which...
- Sphere of God. Lawson, Elder "X" // Tennessee Tribune;2/6/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p9B
The article offers the author's insights on God's creation of time for people to learn, mature, and to love, citing people's access to the Sphere of God through prayer and fasting.
- Where does the time go? Ranly, Ernest W. // Commonweal;1/12/96, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the concept of time. Explanation of the theory of sound; Questions concept of time; Ideas on where time goes; Ideas' linkage to Saint Augustine's `Confessions;' How time is ordered in the `Bible.'
- Space/Time Practices and the Production of Space and Time. An Introduction. Dorsch, Sebastian // Historical Social Research;2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p7
This introduction to the HSR Special Issue Space/Time Practices outlines some main aspects of the discussion of space and time in social and cultural studies. Three main epistemie problems are sketched: 1) Space and time have often acquired a transcendental character, which continues to be...
- Quando lembrar Ã© amar: tempo, espaÃ§o, memÃ³ria e saudade nos ritos fÃºnebres catÃ³licos. Reesink, Mísia Lins // EtnogrÃ¡fica: Revista do Centro de Estudos de Antropologia Socia;jun2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p365
Death and the "catholic funeral ritual complex" are events that may inspire ethnographic reflections about the relations between death (particularly its ritual dimension), time, space, memory and saudade. Here I want to explore some of these possibilities by looking at the events occurring after...
- With Daylight Savings here, an even briefer history of time. Powell, Dennis E. // Athens News;11/5/2012, p6
In this article, the author presents his views on the Daylight Saving Time, a practice of advancing clocks to have more daylight in evenings and less in mornings. He states that Daylight Saving Time is over for the year 2012 and standard time are back in place. He relates the timekeeping from...
- Faster, Faster! // America;8/8/1914, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p400
The article focuses on the rapidity of time. It presents a comparison of school in Greece and the U.S. in terms of time. Also mentioned is the satisfaction of the curiosity in youth through a full course in sex hygiene. It emphasizes the need for Catholics to exude liveliness in performing their...